cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Fourwoods
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Snow Leopard HP Photosmart C6380 problems

Since installing Snow Leopard, my c6380 went from flawless to problematic. I can print fine however if I try to Scan to Computer > to iPhoto, the LCD says "now scanning" for about 10 seconds but nothing happens. On occasion, I get an error message: Sorry, Scanner could not be initialized (An error has occurred communicating with the scanner).

If I try to Scan to Computer > Photosmart Studio, the scanner sounds like it is scanning but I get an error message which reads "Error, Sorry, an unknown error occurred. 

Can someone help me w/ this? Thanks in advance, Karen 

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Retired
Retired
20,467 20,434 1,425 4,869
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you tried scanning from Preview or Image Capture?  I understand the scanning from the printer functionality is delayed, for the interim, scanning from the Mac should work.
I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
Fourwoods
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I follow the instructions for scanning from Preview, I go to file> import from scanner but nothing happens. Here is an additional piece of information: When I first started having issues after installing Snow Leopard, I uninstalled the C6380 and reinstalled it. I now just see HP suggests I shouldn't have done that. Any ideas? Thanks - Karen
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK, when you uninstalled and reinstalled was that from the Printer Queue in Print & Fax or did you uninstall software using an uninstaller and then reinstall?

Also, try scanning from Image Capture.  I think the interface is more straightforward. 

I am employed by HP

0 Kudos
AllanClark
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scanning to PC from the display has *never* worked, and I'm curious what the deal is.  I've just re-installed (ie Uninstall, install fresh) the HP software load for the C6380, most recent one as of today.

Always, choosing to Scan to Computer from the LCD panel says "Scan Problem, try starting scan from computer.  refer to documentation for details", and that works.  Thing is, the task I'm trying to do is scan from the panel (the workflow I'm trying to do is scan a bunch of things upstairs, then go downstairs to deal with the softcopies: file expenses and such).

I've verified MDNS works across the router, and I can connect and read ink levels and such, and I can initiate a scan from the PC side if I wanted to run up and down the stairs a few dozen times.

Has anyone got this running with MacOSX-10.6.1 (failed with 10.5 as well), HP Utility-4.4.1, HP Printer Utility-8.1.0, PhotoSmart 6300 Series-6.1, Printer Setup Utility-6.1, PrinterProxy-6.1

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scanning from the printer does not work in most cases for Snow Leopard ... yet.
I am employed by HP

0 Kudos
AllanClark
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It never worked with 10.5 either.  😞  Did it ever work with 10.4 ?
0 Kudos
hyprosis
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi everybody! I am wondering if anyone ended up getting the c6380 to scan with Snow Leopard? I am facing the same problem here.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DavidL61
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just bought the C6380 today and have encountered the same problems with my Mac described so far.  I guess it's an issue with Snow Leopard from what I'm reading.  For me scanning does work using Preview (select File, Import from Scanner, and check Include Networked Devices) and Image Capture.  That will have to do for now.  I installed the software on an XP laptop and it works on that one (not my preferred solution though!)
0 Kudos
piper_kirk
2 1 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've managed to get my C6380 to scan with Snow Leopard, but only through usb.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation