cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jim820 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Snow Leopard and Officejet L7780

I installed Snow Leopard and now I cannot print. The message in my print queue says to update software and, if that doesn't work (which it didn't), to contact the printer manufacturer. Apple tech support told me the same thing. I have been trying for three days to get through to HP tech support to no avail. I can see the printer, but it will not print. The job stays in the queue. I am using a wireless setup. Have not tried using a USB, but will try that later.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Cueball Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Has anyone come up with an answer to this? I've figured out the printing and scanning issues, but the fax portion has me at a loss.  I keep getting a communication error (351) when I fax out, and incoming faxes just redial without ever connecting to my fax.
0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
60 60 4 6
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To jim820: For the L7780, there ate at this moement no seperate downloads from HP for this unit. Your drivers are provided through Apple. If it is prompting for updates then go to: Apple Menu - About this Mac - Apple software update. Install anything it finds. I have seen in many cases that it does not detect updates for printers on wireless networks so you may have to connect the USB for this stage.

With any updates then installed go to Apple Menu - System Preferences - Print & Fax. Here click the minus sign at the bottom of the column to remove any current print queue for this unit. Then use the plus sign to add a 'bonjour' print queue back in. If when clicking the plus the list does not find a 'bonjour' connection to your printer then you may have network problems somewhere in the connection that need to be addressed seperately.

I do work for HP printer support, but as normal, any advice or opinions given are my own.
0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
60 60 4 6
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To Cueball: Fax Error Code 351 can mean several different things but commonly is an incompatability with your phone line and the units error correction attempts. Especially if you are using a digital or VOIP (voice over IP) phone line for your fax. There are 2 main settings you can adjust to try and overcome this; your speed and the units error correction mode.

From the front panel of the unit, go into: Setup menu - Advanced Fax Setup - Fax Speed. Adjust this to a lower setting, slow is best if you are on a digital line, but medium may work. Don't use fast. The error correction is also in the Advanced Fax Setup menu - Error Correction mode. Just try turning this off. These 2 settings are usually sufficient to get your fax through.

I do work for HP printer support, but as normal, any advice or opinions given are my own.
0 Kudos
Cueball Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for that.  I re-installed the software for the printer from the HP website and that seems to have resolved the issue (I hope so, at any rate....I can send faxes and the fax test shows as good, but a test fax from my company has yet to come through after 30 minutes).
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation