cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sherich Top Student
Top Student
7 5 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Solution Center Error On Startup - HP4500 wireless

Greetings!

HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909g

Win 7, 64 bit, Intel Dual Core

Error starting Solution Center "Solution Center cannot run because your installation is not complete.  Please plug in USB (I'm running wireless) or rerun setup from CD"

Both software & printer have been running fine for a long time.  Needed to reinstall software (again) as 8500 disappeared from Sol Ctr.  Removed all HP using HP uninstall from disk and then Add/Remove Programs.  Rebooted modem and printer.  Downloaded latest software and install went fine.  Wireless 8500 recognized, installation finished, printed test page wirelessly.  At exit did not ask for reboot. Tried Sol Ctr and got above error on start-up.  I rebooted.  Same problem.  I then removed all and tried again with same result.  HP printers are great - - - the softwares I've used (over time & various HP printers) drives me absolutely nuts!

Regards,

Rich     

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Sherich Top Student
Top Student
7 5 0 0
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello (hello, hello)!  Is there anybody out there??? 

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3102 3085 239 456
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hey Sherich -- Id suggest giving the Windows 7 Install Utility a try first and then the HP Print & Scan Doctor. They can be found here: Hp Diagnostic Utilities

Let me know if either of these tools are able to resolve the issue. If not post back with any new details or error messages and we can go from there.

Sorry for the delay!

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Sherich Top Student
Top Student
7 5 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks Sean - - - Will give it (them) a try and let you know . . .

Rich

0 Kudos
Sherich Top Student
Top Student
7 5 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Greetings Sean!

Well - - - the bottom line is that the problem appears to be resolved.  The details are:

I ran the Win7 Install Wizard and it said install was corrupt or drdivers not correct.  (understandable since I'd deleted the printer since software wouldn't run so I'd manually setup the printer)  

Deleted printer in Devices and Printers then did the Add Device from All Programs/HP/ A900g/Add Device.

Installed and looked good as software would launch and printer was recognized.

However, upon reboot there was an error message saying the HP Image Device was not found.

Ran the wizard again and print test was good but when I ran the scam test instead of goin immediatley to the scan test page a pop-up came up to select one of two identical Ag909 printers to scan test.  The first one would not work but the second one tested fine.

Next I ran the Scan Diagnostic. This test again found two instances of the printer.  The first one would not work and it gave the option to update the driver.  It could not update the driver.

So, I went to Device Manager and found the two instances listed under Imaging Devices.  I deleted both instances and then started all over again by removing the printer from Devices and Printers and then did the Add Device via All Programs/HP/A909g/Add Device.  Install went well and after Solution Center launched fine.   Same after reboot, all worked well.

So the bottom line is that the Uninstall from the HP disk followed up by the Uninstall of all remaining HP applications in Add/Remove Programs did not remove (or partially removed) the remaining instance under Device Manager/Imaging Devices.  So when Solution Center tried to launch it tried to use the first one listed which was the faulty instance.

Thanks for pointing me to the Diagnostic Utilities Sean.  They didn't specifically correct the problem but they did reveal the fact there were duplicate instances and one was faulty.

Thank for your help - - - much appreciated!!!              

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3102 3085 239 456
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Rick,

No problem! Glad you and I were able to find a resolution and get it back up and running. If you ever have any other questions or issues feel free to post in the forum.

Best of luck!

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
TishN Tutor
Tutor
14 14 0 5
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Did not help.  Ran me in circles.  Arrived at Print and Scan four separate times.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation