cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CatBug Tutor
Tutor
10 8 1 2
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Solution Center Error

C410a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Getting the error Solution Center, Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete.  I can print via a Word doc or browser. I cannot bring up the Solution Center to use the device scanner. I have the original CD  which installed without issue on Win7, but I cannot install it on WIn 10.

ScreenHunter_181 Jan. 22 13.45.jpg

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Provost Provost
Provost
77,444 76,856 9,437 20,415
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Solution Center Error

Hi,

The CD could be too old for Windows 10, it even does not know no Windows 9 in this world. Please download the following software and driver for Windows 10 and install to your computer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL34152/mp-109793-3/PS_AIO_07_C410_140_408-5.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
12,143 11,835 1,192 2,692
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Solution Center Error

Hi @CatBug

Thanks for using the forum.

Have you installed the latest Win 10 updates from Microsoft?

Can you try the solution here :

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/HP-Solution-Center-Fails-to-launch-cannot-open-SOLUTION...

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
CatBug Tutor
Tutor
10 8 1 2
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Solution Center Error

Downloading and simply installing the printer PS_AIO_07_C410_140_408-5.exe software didn't fix the issue.
Following are the steps I took to fix the HP C410a printer HP Solution Center issue on three PC's in my home network.

1. Disable driver signature enforcement

-right click the start menu
    -open command prompt (admin)
    -enter: BCDEDIT /set nointegritychecks ON

2. Uninstall HP C410a printer drivers (do not delete the drivers)

-right click start menu again and click device manager
    -check Printer and printer Queue for problem printer device
    -uninstall the HP C410a drivers (do not delete the drivers)

3. Drilled down to the HP printer folder Start <-> HP <-> run HP Add device

4. Install device drivers

5. Enable driver signature enforcement

-right click the start menu
    -open command prompt (admin)
    -enter: BCDEDIT /set nointegritychecks OFF

NOTE: If after uninstalling/re-installing the device printer and print queue drivers and the “installation is not complete” error message appears again when re-launching the HP Solution Center you must remove/uninstall the existing printer software and install the full feature software downlaoded from the HP Customer Support – Software and Driver WEB site:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-photosmart-premium-fax-e-all-in-one-printer-serie...

6. With the printer feature software installed you'll need to once again complete steps 1 through 5 as noted above.

0 Kudos
Patric7 Tutor
Tutor
17 14 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Solution Center Error

I too have experienced the frustration which seemed to have occurred around the cumulative Windows Updates for Windows 10-version 1511. I have reported this to Microsoft Windows and a separate post here in the HP community forums. I have found that each time I attempt to unistall (this is for an Officejet 4500 series) the software....the installer/uninstaller stops working in Windows. I have utilized a different route for completely unistalling the remaining software files. 

I have unistalled, I have stopped the print spooler, I have gone into registry edit and removed the printer, I have gone into C:/Windows/System to delete the files in spool....and finally deleting the printer from the device manager. I have similarly done this in a selective startup (safe mode), I have successfully installed the update  KB3133431, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash.....all with the same outcomes. The full feature software and driver installs the software just fine, but it can never finish configuation of the device. 

Alas....I have given up on the Solutions Center and found I can print using a work-around manual installation of the printer and updating the driver though Windows. I can scan (which is what I use most) via ReadIris software. Messy....but it works. 

~Patrick
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation