Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (8,415 Views)

Solution Center Install Failed - Error Code 2732

I purchased the HP6500 709n (wireless) device today and the install completed thru 96%.  After rebooting and following other recommended steps, it became apparent that only the solution center setup files failed to install.  I removed that component of the application thru add/remove programs but can't figure out how to re-install just the solution center.  Must i really remove ALL programs...everything else works.  The drivers auto loaded when i plugged in the usb...but i have no way of accessing the program to test scanning.  I also tried accessing the Solution Center setup files directly off the CD, but when i tried to install the installer package called "SolutionCenter.msi" - it issued an error code 2732.  HELP!!!

Teacher
Message 2 of 4 (8,343 Views)

Re: Solution Center Install Failed - Error Code 2732

I have the same error on the solution center msi 2732 wow I found someone else that is having that error the bad news is I still havent figured it out.  I got the basic drivers to install a workaround, but solution center wont even install like yours .  My printer is a photosmart c4680.  Been over 3 months on this issue. You might want to goto Solution center fatal error some sort.  Big issue on it. I found mine by accident I think I did what you did. I clicked on the cd and went down to solution center and came up with the same error. 

Since you just bought it I would suggest calling HP or chatting online with them as soon as possible.  I like hp and printer prints good.  But solution center is a nightmare to install.

flymar01

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (6,258 Views)

I just bought a Scanjet G4050 and had trouble installing the Solution Center software.  After reinstalling several times, I uninstalled Chrome and Flashplayer 11. I downloaded Flashplayer 10 which seems to solve the problem

Regents Professor
Message 4 of 4 (6,229 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone,

For installation errors the Fatal Error article can really help. If you are getting the problem at 96% try the article below.

Fatal Error at 96%

You can also try what Mermaide05 suggested, it seemed to have resolve their issue.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation