Note on archived topics.
03-27-2014 02:27 PM - last edited on 03-27-2014 02:46 PM by george-p
I have a Photosmart C309g printer. I have tried many times to install the full featured driver for my computer. I have a Dell XPS 8000, running windows 7, 64 bit.
Always get the 2732 error. Unfortunately, I don't have my cd any more so can't reinstall with that.
This is really frustrating. One expects support when something doesn't work, but after 3 years, I am still having the same problem.
Is there a solution for this problem or shall I just forget it? I have had HP printers for many years and mostly, been satisfied with the performance; however, this might make me rethink my next printer, although I would prefer to keep what I have.
For goodness sake, please give me a solution that works.
Thanks for any help.
03-31-2014 09:49 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Forums! :) I understand your frustration and will try my best to help you through the installation error you keep running into when trying to set up your HP Photosmart C309g to your computer running the Windows 7 Operating system.
To shed some light on the error, please read: Error 2732 is related to an installer file (.msi) that HP utilizes to install certain applications, such as Solution Center. These types of errors happen because the installation of software has not completed or a software application is attempting to repair itself because a file is missing or an entry in the registry has been removed.
Please start here: How to troubleshoot issues with Windows installer service, if after running the MSFixIt tool with no success, continue here:
If you have a USB connection, please disconnect the USB and DO NOT plug it in until the installation software (Step 15) prompts you to.
Step one: Clear temp directory
- Type %temp% in the run or search for programs and files field
- Highlight all the files in this folder, and then press the delete key to delete. If you get a message that the file is in use you will need to skip this file(s).
- Continue with Step 2 below
Step two: Downloaded and extracted to your system:
1. Download the full feature software and drivers
2. Once the download is finished double click on the file to extract the software.
3. When the installation window opens press the cancel button to stop the installation
4. Type %temp% in the run or search for programs and files field
5. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)
6. Right click on the folder, and select Copy
7. Close that window, and all your open windows, and then in the middle of the desktop right click your mouse, and select Paste. This will move the 7z folder to your desktop.
8. Open the 7z folder you just copied to your desktop
9. Open folder Util
10. Open folder CCC
11. Run the uninstall_L4
12. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
13. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools folder under all programs
14. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player
15. Open the 7z folder, and then double click on the Setup.exe file which will be toward the bottom of the open window. Follow the on screen instructions to reinstall your printer.
Please let me know the outcome, if you have any questions before proceeding I would be happy to help!
I was able to find this useful information on the Microsoft Support Pages.
I work on behalf of HP
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
05-06-2015 05:07 PM
Hi HevnLgh (ehm... is it really your name???)
I'm Sandro from Italy and I'm sorry for my bad English, but didn't study this language too much at school (many many years ago...) :-)
I suffered the same problem reported by Dencyh, so I searched for a solution and found this thread...
I confess you that at first I was skeptical about the number of steps and the kind of unusual actions in your workaround (%temp% path, cancel to stop installation, flash, disk cleanup, etc.) ... but... yeah !!! it worked !!! :D
I have a HP C7180 printer and so I downloaded the specific software for my product (AIO_CDA_FSW_Full_Win_WW_130_140), and after followed (very skeptically) every step... now I can use my HP Solution Center again !!!
Thank you very very very very much !!!