cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Level 8
Level 8
843 768 57 341
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solution to "HP Scan device is not found" error.

Hi All,

After installing HP software, if you happened to see the Scanner is not found error message. There is a chance you device may have been disabled.

Here is the way to enable it.

Go to Windows START ->Computer->System Properties->DEVICE MANAGER ->Imaging Devices
Right Click HP Printer and Enable it.

EnableScan.jpg

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Benno11
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi we took back the HP 8600 and purchased a HP M177mf and it doing the same thing. I can print documants through the wireless network but I can not Scan The erreor is HPUM177 Scan was not found ( HP printer is on line and software has been installed). The device is enabled in device manager I am running Windows 8.1

0 Kudos
medmud9
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too received the error that the computer was not found when trying to scan a document on my Deskjet 3050A J611G, despite being able to print without a problem.

After poking around my DellI Inspiron (running Windows 8), I found a scanner app and was able to prompt the scan function from there.

It's empowering to trick the computer into working, but sadly I have no idea why it's working and would not be able to troubleshoot the problem if/when it should stop working.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation