cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1 1 0 1
Message 11 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Solved! Windows 7 driver solution for HP Color LaserJet 3550

I am trying the very same procedure, however, after selecting "Have Disc" it tells me the driver I have is not compatible :(((

I also DL-ed the Vista 32 bit driver for the 3550. Why wouldn't it let me install it at the DOT port?

Help, HF

PS I just realized that the procedure presented above stands for Win 7 32-bit version, while I'm running a 64-bit version. And it's OK if you download the Vista 64-bit driver. The procedure is the same given that you dont have to uninstall all the functions in the properties/hardware tab, but only the DOT4 one. Cheerz. HF

Highlighted
1 1 0 1
Message 12 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My elementary school has the HP Laser 3550n printer and loves it.  We are mostly Apple but recently bought some Win 7 computers and need them to print to this network printer.

I tried downloading and installing the Win XP - 64bit printer drive for the 3550n printer but when going through the install process, it checks and says the operating system in not compatible and won't proceed.  How can I get it to proceed?  Would it be better to download the Vista version as I saw another user do so?

Please advise.  Your help is greatly appreciated.  No money :Crying: to buy more printer.  I can't believe HP isn't supporting this wonderful printer.  They are losing my confidence lately.

Tags (2)
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 13 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you! I have been trying to install my 3550 to the new computer to no avail until I came across your post.  Worked perfectly!  You have saved me all kinds of headaches and no telling how many hours. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 14 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hello...i am having the exact same problem.  i was able to download the vista driver, but then when i go to devices and printers...hp 3550 doesn't show up.  do you have any advice?  thanks in advance...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 15 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The easiest solution is to download the windows Vista driver, either the x64 or x32 depending on OS.

Naser alhamlan

IT Dep

Kuwait Chamber Of Commerce and Industry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 16 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The easiest solution is to download the windows Vista driver, either the x64 or x32 depending on OS.

Naser alhamlan

IT Dep

Kuwait Chamber Of Commerce and Industry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 17 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello, thank you for the suggested solution. I tried the method, but face the issue that my computer (an HP laptop with HP Advisor and other HP software installed) re-installs the 'default' (i.e. wrong) printer driver for my HP CLJ 3550 printer each time I unplug and re-plug the USB cable to the printer. I already de-activated in Windows 7 the "Automatic Driver Software installation" in the Control Pannel, but the issue persists. It may be caused by the HP software, but I am not an expert at all and would appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance,

Stijn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 18 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

A thousand Thank You's!!

I love my 3550 printer and luckily found your work around, now it should be good for years to come, I have no doubt I've printed over 6,000 pages with this printer, school work was most of it.

Stan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
1 1 1 0
Message 19 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks,
your advices really helped.

assigning as a default for the first tage really helps.

Only additional thing is that on main pc you should install the driver for a new printer which should be default and make an new share name.

Then on another pc with 64 bits windos find the printer and install the 64 bit driver seperatelly.

in this case all is perfect.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 20 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

When the motherboard in my Vista Ultimate deskside PC died, I replaced that PC with a new Windows 7 deskside machine - only to find that HP did not have a driver for my networked HP Color Laserjet 3550n. 

Sure enough, though, the 64-bit Vista driver (clj3550hbwinvistaxp2003-64) does allow my 3550n to operate with Windows 7.

One has to wonder whether putting a note to that effect on HP's driver download page would have driven the company into bankruptcy... 

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation