cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
grays85
4 3 0 0
Message 71 of 73
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, scanner could not be initialized. (Scanner not found.)

hi  where can you find product error codes. ive just done a self test on the APF on a sj5530 photosmart scanner and got a code 04...

thanks

0 Kudos
mamlukman
5 3 0 0
Message 72 of 73
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I second the message of the guy who asked why HP can't fix this if we've all been having a problem for years.

Here's my variation:  I am running Mountain Lion 10.8.5 on a laptop.  I'm using HP Photosmart 8180 connected to laptop with a USB cable.  I followed all the instructions on the HP site--delete old HP files, reinstalled from Apple Update, etc., got same message no matter what.  I've shut  everything down multiple times and restarted, messed around with the printer file in preferences, just as people suggested, reset printing system, etc.

As other people have mentioned, it prints just fine, but it doesn't want to see the scanner. 

As a last resort, I deleted all the HP files from my laptop and then copied them back from my desktop computer, which runs the same OS.  No change. Desktop computer scans fine, laptop doesn't.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
springer0421
1 1 0 0
Message 73 of 73
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am running Mac OS 10.8.5 and using an HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One. 

After not being able to scan and getting the "scanner could not initilize" message, I followed all of the troubleshooting methods listed here

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-5600-All-in-One-Printer-series/441142/model/441143/...

none of which worked, I then completed the final step which was to uninstal all software and drivers, and then use Apple spftware update to reinstall. I followed this section on reinstalling 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04510394

I then read at the FAQ on that second link where it says

"How do I scan with the built-in driver?

Depending on your printer and the installed driver, the scan button on the control panel might not work anymore. You can still complete scans from the Mac using PreviewImage Capture, or the System Preferences window to scan."

I tried scanning that way instead of using the HP Scan pro, and it worked just fine, you can scan via the flatbed and the document feeder using the system prefs option. I'm a bit irritated that I went through all this, only to find out the old way doesn't work anymore and it proably would have worked through the system prefs option all along...but I'm glad I found a way to scan finally. Hopefully this can help someone else, good luck 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation