cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Dinkar_Patel Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spooler SubSystem App stopped working and was closed

Printer hp Deskjet AIO F4185;  Operating System: Windows Vista Home Basic Device hp Compaq 6720s

I have carried out all possible setting, yet this message coming up and printer is not started.

give me all possible causes of problem and tips to overcome it.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
18,335 17,101 1,039 2,612
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spooler SubSystem App stopped working and was closed

Hi Dinkar_Patel,

I see that you are getting the error "Spooler SubSystem App stopped working". I can help you.

Run all the Windows updates on the computer. 

Download and run the Print and Scan Doctor. It will diagnose the issue and might automatically resolve it. Find and fix common printer problems using HP diagnostic tools for Windows?

Clear the Printer Spooler Files and try to Enable the Spooler Service.

1. Hold down the Windows Logo key () on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box, type Services.msc .
2. Double-click Printer Spooler in the Services list.
3. Click on the Stop button and click OK. (yours is probably already stopped)
4. Hold down the Windows Logo key () on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box, type"%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers, then delete all files in this folder.

5. Go back to services by holding down the Windows Logo key () on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box, type Services.msc again.
6. Double-click Printer Spooler in the Services list.
7. Click on the Start button. In the Start up Type list, make sure that Automatic is selected and click OK.

Try printing again.

If the issue persists, try the following steps:

Try running the Microsoft Fix It Tool to see if it will fix the print spooler.

Diagnose and repair Windows File and Folder Problems automatically.

You can also try running the How To Use SFC /Scannow to Repair Protected Windows Operating System Files.

Do you have another printer brand installed on this computer?

Some printer's will take over the print spooler.

Please provide in detail the results if you are still having issues.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Tags (1)

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation