Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Message 1 of 3 (3,086 Views)

Spoolsv.exe - Runtime to terminate in an unusual way

Ever since installing my new C4599, I get the following error message on a regular basis:

------------------------

Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Windows|system\spoolsv.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in a unusual way.  Please contact the applications's support team for more information.

----------------------------

I have had the error occur with at least 4 different applications.  Once I get the error message, if I shutdown and re-start my computer, the print job gets printerd.

0 Kudos
Tutor
Message 2 of 3 (3,080 Views)

Re: Spoolsv.exe - Runtime to terminate in an unusual way

Try uninstalling microsoft visual C++ under add/remove programs. Then try to donwload latest version for your computer from microsoft.com and see what happens.

You can also look up the same error regarding visual C++ on microsoft's website.

Hope this helps.

Intern
Message 3 of 3 (3,071 Views)

Re: Spoolsv.exe - Runtime to terminate in an unusual way

Found LOTS of possible downloads, but not sure which package I would use.  Also, couldn't find anything on Microsoft support about this error message.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation