cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
transdyne
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 20
Flag Post

Stop Pop-Up on New HP Envy 4520

HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520 Series
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Just got a new HP Envy 4520. Every time I go to print, I get a pop-up that starts "HP Instant Ink. HP Envy 4520 Series..."

How do I disable it???

Thanks!

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
Aardvark1
Retired
Retired
3,446 3,272 246 418
Message 2 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @transdyne.

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that you keep getting an Instant Ink pop-up. Is the pop-up asking you to enroll? It seems odd that it keeps showing up. Usually this would only happen if the printer had Instant Ink cartridges installed, but I do not recall this model ever having those cartridges out of the box. 

What is the number written on the Ink cartridges?

Could you please type out the complete message? 

Alternately you can contact the Instant Ink department.

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
transdyne
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to me, Aardvark!

I'll be back at the printer tomorrow evening.

And will get you the info you're asking for then.

0 Kudos
transdyne
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 4 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Getting back to you, Aardvark, re: the info you requested.

They are HP Inkjet Cartridges, 63, a black and a color.

They came installed with the printer I just purchased.

And the full text of the pop-up is:

"HP ENVY 4520 series

HP Instant Ink

HP INSTANT INK READY TriColor HP 63 INSTANT INK READY Black

Thank you for installing HP Instant Ink Ready cartridges. Visit http://hpinstantinkcom to learn more and enroll in HP Instant Ink."

During set-up of the printer, I was offered the option of enrolling in HP Instant Ink, which I declined.

As I mentioned before, this messages pops up every time I go to print something.

Which, as you can imagine, gets old and annoying rather quickly.

Thanks in advance for any help you're able to offer.

0 Kudos
Aardvark1
Retired
Retired
3,446 3,272 246 418
Message 5 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ah. I did some research. Those cartridges have the option of being either Instant Ink or non Instant Ink. Sounds like the software is confused. 

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer software? 

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
0 Kudos
DGSmith01
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my HP Envy 4520, please advise me what I can do to remove this pop up message.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Aardvark1
Retired
Retired
3,446 3,272 246 418
Message 7 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If it is with the Instant Ink cartridges, please call our Cloud Services at 855-785-2777.  If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.  http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

DGSmith01
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I believe my pop-up window problem resolved itself after about 24 hours.  i noticed that it did not pop-up while I was talking to one of the Instant Ink personnel at HP Cloud Services and also trying to print about the same time.  It stopped poping up then but I went ahead with their solution which was unplugging the printer for one minute, removing the print cartriges then reinstalling them and plugging the printer in again.  Still no pop-ups, two days later still no pop-ups.  I hope this helps someone else.  Thanks for giving me the telephone number so that I could call the Cloud Services to speak to the Instant Ink sevice's.

0 Kudos
Aardvark1
Retired
Retired
3,446 3,272 246 418
Message 9 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your Welcome 🙂 

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
transdyne
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 10 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello again, Aardvark. Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. I followed your advice and uninstalled all the hp software on my machine. The question I have now is, how/where can I download just the printer driver for this printer, without all the other stuff coming along with it. We're pretty simple users and don't need all the bells and whistles--and bloatware.  🙂

So if you could guide me toward just downloading/installing the printer driver for my HP Envy 4520, I'd really appreciate it. And hopefully that will take care of the pop-ups. Thanks!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation