cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
freespirits
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Storage of printer

HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7520
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

If a HP Photosmart 7520 is to be stored for up to six months what precautions should be taken?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,480 26,804 2,442 9,223
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The cartridges should all have ink (at least a bit) and remain installed in the printer.  Make sure the printer is turned off from its own power switch, and then wait for all internal movements to stop before removing the power.  Store the printer in a cool place, not subject to extreme temperature swings if possible.

When starting the printe rup after six months you may have to run through a few cleaning cycles as described in the post here.  If the above does not resolve the problem the post here may help to recover good printing quality after an extended storage.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,480 26,804 2,442 9,223
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The cartridges should all have ink (at least a bit) and remain installed in the printer.  Make sure the printer is turned off from its own power switch, and then wait for all internal movements to stop before removing the power.  Store the printer in a cool place, not subject to extreme temperature swings if possible.

When starting the printe rup after six months you may have to run through a few cleaning cycles as described in the post here.  If the above does not resolve the problem the post here may help to recover good printing quality after an extended storage.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation