Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Example: HP 3830 all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have an HP 3830 set up wirelessly to a Dell desktop running Windows 10. No printing problems until April 21. Now, I get a message when trying to print from my ISP's mail. I get the message, "device can not be found". Have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer. Have run multiple virus scans. Nothing works. Any ideas?

Joe

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi nascarjunky,

For a wireless network, check the printer’s connection status.
  1. Touch the wireless icon () on the printer control panel. If the status shows Not connected, touch the Settings icon (), and then touch Wireless Setup Wizard to reconnect the printer to your network.

If this does not resolve your issue then please run HP Print and Scan Doctor which is a free tool for Windows to help resolve printing and scanning problems in the link below:-

HP Print and Scan Doctor

Click "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks/Give Encouragement"

Appreciate if you mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
HP Recommended

Print status is connected. Can print test page. Can print from other programs (office word ). Unknown if I can print from within the browser. Will try and reply. My fathers computer so I am not there.

Ran scan doctor before I posted. Did not fix.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you make sure that you have selected the correct printer (printer name_Copy1/2/3) ? as sometimes the printer might be default as the last printer which you have selected in the application/browser that you want to print from.

Keep me updated to your convenience.

HP Recommended

The printer is the selected printer.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled the software. Problem remains. Error message telling me the printer could not be found.

joe

HP Recommended

Hi Joe,

Can I clarify that it only happen when you want to print from browser right, can i know what browser you are using?

Are you printing through wireless or usb connecton?

I would think that there might be a conflict between the driver and the browser. Try using an alternate browser, like IE or Firefox.

1. I have some customer whom are using Firefox and once he disabled the pop-up blocker from his email account he is able to print.
  2. Alternatively, you can try removing the printer and then re-adding it through Devices and Printers in Control Panel. This often helps if you are experienceing printer offline issues regularly

Spoiler

In case you are using HP Smart Web printing do take note that  - HP Smart Web Printing Incompatible with Internet Explorer 9 and later versions.

Uninstall HP Smart Web Printing software from your computer.
  1. Search Windows for uninstall a program, and click the Uninstall a program Control panel setting in the list of results.
  2. In the list of installed programs, click HP Smart Web Printing, and then click Uninstall or Yes to confirm the uninstall.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software removal.

Sorry to make you try so many options, i appreciate the time you ahve spend to troubleshoot it on your side. 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi Joe,

To add on if you are using Firefox Web Browser, you can do the following to reset your browser printer which i have copied from the internet:-

Firefox.JPG

HP Recommended

Using Windows Edge. Printer is connected wirelessly. Beginning to think the problem is Windows 10.

joe

HP Recommended

Hi Joe,

It sounds like the issue is with Microsoft Edge, do ensure that you have installed all the updates for Win10 online.

• Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update . If you want to check for updates manually, select Check for updates.
  • Select Advanced options, and then under Choose how updates are installed, select Automatic (recommended).

To double-check whether it is a MS Edge problem, follow these steps below:-

Spoiler

1. Open the More actions in Edge by clicking on the (…) icon located at the top-right side of the browser.

2. After opening the tab, click on the Open with Internet Explorer and try to print again.

Below are 2 methods you can try resetting the Edge which i have copied for you from HP Forum:-

Method # 1: Resetting Edge Using Settings

As resetting Edge browser is not a possible in Windows 10, so, you can use browser’s settings in order to clear it to default settings. Follow these steps below.

1. Open the More actions in Edge by clicking on the (…) icon located at the top-right side of the browser.

2. After opening the tab, click on the Settings present at the end of the tab panel. In the settings panel, navigate to Clear browsing Data and click on the button labeled as Choose what to clear.

edge2

3. Inside clear browsing data tab, check the boxes including Browsing History, Cookies and saved website data, cached data and files as shown in the picture below. After checking the boxes, click on the grey Clear button in order to reset the browser to its default. It would start clearing.

edge3

4. After the clearing process is completed, open the Task Manager. You can open it by pressing Win + X and selecting the task manager from the list. Inside the task manager, right click on the Microsoft Edge and select Go to details.

edge4

5. Now, right click on exe and select the End task. Do the same for anything named with Microsoft Edge. It would force close the Edge browser services and when you will open the browser again, the entire browser will be reset.

edge5

Please use at your own discretion.

Method # 2: Advanced Way

If the above method doesn’t tend to work for you, you can use the advanced method of deleting the core data of Microsoft Edge. For this purpose, navigate to the following folders mentioned below and clear everything inside that folder.

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

The following code %username% should be replaced with your user name. See the example below.

edge6

Now, open the powershell using admin rights. You can open it by searching in the search box. Type the following code inside the powershell and hit Enter.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}

edge7

Now, open the Edge Browser and it would be reset to its default settings.

Source

• Try printing from MS Edge.

HP Recommended

Thank you. Will give it a try.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.