Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've had no problems with my PSC 1315 until about a week ago.  I went to print something as I would usually and the "CheckPrint Cartridge" light starts flashing red and the "E" next to "Copies" comes on.  I have done every troubleshooting techniqueon the HP site and in the help files, even cleaning the cartridges, to no avail.  The black cartridge is only a few weeks old andwas fine til that day.  I have no clue what could have changed.  I really need my printer.  Can someone please help?

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hi,

I didn't see the exact error blinking light situation in this document, but it contains most of the blinking light scenarios.  You might look at the "Check Print Cartridge light is blinking" about half way down  in the document link below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01578337

If those don't work, you might try leaving the printer in turned on status, then unplug from the power source (back of printer or wall), wait 60 seconds, plug the power back in (if printer doesn't turn on automatically, press power button to turn on).  This does a total reset of the printer and will cycle through the reset process.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up + in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
HP Recommended

I tried your suggestion to no avail! I SO badly need this printer to work and I SIMPLY cannot afford a new one. :Crying:

Please help!

:womansad:

HP Recommended

I tried your solutions.

my computer has been doing this for about a month and I might have to scrap it.

when I tried running the "fix", I got an error msg saying that my printer was not connected to the computer. I tried another USB port with nothing changing.

I will try ANY suggestions because at this point I don't think I can make it worse.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I've got the same error message---I have tried everything, no luck.

any help out there?

HP Recommended

Has anyone figured this out?  I'm having the same problem and none of the suggestions have worked for me.  Help!

HP Recommended

I also have this exact same problem on my psc 1315v. I've tried the suggestions mentioned on the hp web site and tried the Scan Dr, which said there was nothing wrong with my printer.  Would LOVE to find a solution, as I can't print anything.

B.

HP Recommended

Hi out there!

I have the same problem with me PSC 1315 xi.

This is very frustrating because I just purchase

new set of cartridges and this problem rmain!

Based on the fact that now I m noticing on this

Blog that allot of people are having the same

problem. I am wondering if there is some kind

RECALL (CLAIM) by HP this printer model,

because it seams that there is no solution to

this Stressful and frustrating PROBLEM!

HP Recommended

I will gladly do my best to help you get printing again.  If you see the error "Print Cartridge Problem" try this:

1.  Take out all of the ink.

2.  Unplug the printer from the back while it is still on.

3.  While it is unplugged, clean the electrical contacts on the ink cartridges and their conjoining electrical contact within the printer. I prefer to use a soft lint-free cloth for this step.  Also, inspect the cartridges and their place-holder in the printer for defects (clogged ink, broken parts, etc).

4.  Plug the printer back in and wait for it to completely boot up or to prompt to insert the ink.

5.  Put the ink back in it one at a time and try to print a test page.

Let me know if this works for you.  

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

My 1315 just started this problem this morning. Tried unplugging and cleaning but after reboot the same thing happens. The "E" flashes along with the "Check Print Cartridge" light flashing. Any other suggestions?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.