Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP-Printer 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP-8710 all in one printer's scanner auto feeder failed. I still have 2 months of warranty left.  I had to do a Google Search to find how to connect to a real live support person, after exhausting (literally) all options at the website and with their joke of an AI.  Also, why does their support page not list a support phone #? 

Since I had 2 months warranty The very nice lady we spoke to had us go through troubleshooting and trying to fix the problem, which took about an hour.  She decided we were eligible for a refurbished one.

It arrived today - without a printhead!  So back to customer support.  The guy I eventually talked to was polite.  I asked if I could remove the printhead from P#1 and put it in P#2.  I also asked if they would also send me a refurbished printhead as this one as this one was about to go out of warranty.  

I had been told earlier by the nice lady to expect a completely new printer, there was no documentation with this printer that said, "Oh, btw, there is no printhead included. Take the old one out and put it in this one." However, the man I was talking to said "these printers Never have a print head!" 😆 I did not believe this, but I asked if I could get that in writing. "No he could not do that as they do not send an email or write any letters."  I next asked who I could complain to about this. "There is no one" he said.  

The documentation accompanying the refurbished printer indicates that: "HP Certified Refurbished printers... go through an Industry Standard Diagnostic, Repair, Quality Assurance, and Audit process. THEY MEET ALL THE FACTORY CRITERIA OF A BRAND-NEW HP PRINTER."  It does not say: "Except you don't get a printhead."

I, and I hope you would too, question this.  BTW England lists a complaint and problem resolver phone # for this.  No such thing in the good ol' USA with Google Search.

I would like to know if anyone has ever experienced this or something like it.  Also if anyone knows how to effectively communicate and complain to HP?  I did send an email to their CEO.  

Any and all suggestions welcome.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Taosing

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I just wanted you to know I heard back from your folks.  They said that they could not send me a refurb print head.  No explanation.  

I appreciate your support and effort on my behalf, but it seems a lost cause.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.