Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP SureSupply
Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Spoiler

Spoiler
HP SureSupply on Android (Samsung Galaxy Note 5) can't find/connect to my HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus printer. Even if I add the printer from catalog the app can't connect to it and obviously can't show ink levels.
Same app on IOS, same network / printer configuration works just fine. 
In other words the problem lies with SureSupply app for android. 
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@GeorgiosT

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 printer. I understand that sure supply mobile app cannot find the printer and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

• Make sure that your printer is connected to a wireless (Wi-Fi) network.
  • Check to make sure that the mobile device is connected to the same network as the printer.
  • In the My Printers tab, swipe left or right to see the printers in the list, and then check to make sure that the printer name is listed.
  • If you cannot detect your printer automatically, try turning off your network router and mobile device, and then turn them back on. If you still don't see your printer in the list, you can also follow these steps to find it manually:
  • From the HP SureSupply app's My Printers screen, tap Catalog.
  • In the search bar, type the printer’s model name or model number

Click here and refer the document to perform above steps.

Let me know if that works.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately these steps don't help.  

Like I said same printer same network but HP SureSupply app on iOS finds and connects to the printer just fine.

It is the HP SureSupply on Android that won't. 

If I do add the printer manually via Catalog then it can't connect to the printer and provide me with ink levels, so it is almost  pointless.

HP Recommended

@GeorgiosT

Thanks for the reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

Click here and follow the steps mentioned in forums to solve this issue.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.