cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 3
40 27 2 6
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

T 120 black printing

HP Recommended
T 120
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Printing in black and white the greyscale has a touch of magenta.  Using "Black only' it puts down way too much ink . 

There are a lot of .icc profiles, and to save me trying them all does any one have a suggestion.  The aim is to get less magenta in grayscale or cut the ink back when set for black only.

Thanks

PS. A remarkable printer for the price.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 10
Level 10
2,276 2,272 113 239
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The printer will use all the color to create black and scales.

If you select Use Black ink Only, thats what the printer is going to do.

Depending on the type of paper selected the printer will apply certain amount of ink; the lighter the paper, the fewer the ink.

Reducing the print quality will also reduce the amount of ink on the paper.

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation