Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP T610 designjet
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do i upgrade the firmware in my T610 designjet using a USB connection.

I have down loaded the firmware files and tried following  HPs instructions using HP utility

and click on "support-device management-firmware upgrade" it comes back with this..

Capture-01.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Your might need to follow the instructions for an emergency firmware update,  it loads the the firmwarw from a USB drive to the Formatter.

Can't post the link with my phone,  but you can search for:

T610 emergency usb firmware update 

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it. To thank a technician for a post click the thumbs up button under the post. 

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

I have Z2100, Z3100, z3200 44" printers and I always do the following :

Utility       >  click  supported printer  > support  ? firmware update > browse  ( where your downloaded firmware file )   update > I agree 

Wait, if all gone well & printer will restart by itself. Otherwise it will display a message on front panel.

Currently I have one Z3100 & I could not update it & keep say " update failed " . tried all possibles & still no luck.

HP Recommended
I believe I figured out how to post the link using my phone, and you could have searched for it with the same search argument I mentioned above and it would have listed your printer also.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=3338894&docId=emr_na-c03100945&docLocale...

Scroll down through the page until you find instructions for the emergency firmware update. The emergency update is simply a method to go directly from a USB Drive to the printer without using a PC.

If this post resolves your problem please click the Accept a solution button under it.

Technicians like kudos, that's how you say thank you to them, just click the thumbs up button under the post to do that.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

HP tech supports want you to pay high prices for manual reading supports.

My Z3100 latest firmware version from HP website is  tr12-mvl-u-7.0.0.3.7 & I found it
from HP Great Britain site & dumb USA site not even has link to download.

I tried hundreds time & still failed. Now I am searching online to get the old version to

down grade, if success, then try upgrade again n see what happen.

My main trouble for Z3100 & Z2100, the printhead alignment failed, due to scan problem.
Then dumb printers wont be abel to tell what cause.

I wish Designjet 500 had pigment inks or solvent inks, that would be the perfect printer.

HP Recommended

Hi S.H. 

I found that link ok but it refers to a T610 with a U.S.B. socket to take a memory stick.

My T610 only has provision for the U.S.B. cable and a network socket which I am told is disabled anyway.

So my only option is to communicate with the printer via a U.S.B. cable.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi,

You are correct, the ethernet port on the formatter is not active. Unfortunately this will no be an option to upgrade the firmware.

Since you are running win 10. set internet Explorer as your default brouser and set that to compatibility mode.

If that still does not work, there might be the chanse that the FW on the printer is too old and it will not take the latest one.

If this is the case, contact HP and ask for another FW file.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

Regardin your issue, you are not the only one, dont worry

if you have not yet found the solution, here it is:

first of all, you do not need network card to update firmware, USB is enough

go to printer driver properties, chek port, and ensure usb port number, mine was USB010

go to iexplorer address bar and chak the USB port number that is generated from HP utility, mine was USB007,

if they do not match, change that in adress bar with the one from printer driver port ( mine USB010)

wholala, everythink works now,

good luck

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.