Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 7310 All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought my OfficeJet 7310 All-In-One in late 2004 or early 2005.  Just had to purchase a new DELL desktop with Windows 10 and Office 2016.  My 'old' 2010 Dell Inspiron died a sudden and tragic death. 

I am trying to create some new business cards (using Avery 8871 cards) and I downloaded the corresponding template.  I am using Publisher 2016.  The prints are offset to the left and print incorrectly in the 'boxes'.  So, I tried my HP Photo Creations (newly downloaded as well) and essentially the same thing...offset to left a tad and not printing correctly within the correct 'boxes' in any except the top-most boxes.  

As this is happening with two different software applications, I'm guessing that this must have something to do with the automatically downloaded HP software/drivers for my old 7310.  When it was walking me though various questions before loading, one of the last questions was the date of purchase, and it would not let me go back to 2004 or 2005, but it would also not continue with me completing all questions.  So, does this mean that I may not have the software and/or driver appropriate for my printer?? 

I am NOT a techy so if you have any HELP for me, please be kind and write simple English.  I LOVE MY PRINTER.  It has been a very faithful 'companion' in my work and has treated me quite well all these years.  While I'd love to get a laser, I simply cannot afford it.  Can anyone HELP ME???

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Sam.

Have you tried installing new drivers? Here's a link to get started:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-7300-All-in-One-Printer-series/391181/model/391183/...

Hope this helps,

RocketLife 

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
HP Recommended

RocketLife, THANKS for the response and suggestion.  I followed the link you so nicely provided, but to no avail.  It says that I have the correct driver.  I'm at a loss as to what to do. 

I went out and did a search on using PUBLISHER with Avery Templates, etc.  I tried downloading the 8371 template which was said to also be compatible.  Same thing.  All text is a bit high (and exceeds the left-most perforations) on the top two boxes of the 8871 business card stock, and each set of five becomes lower until the final set of boxes has the bottom chopped off.

I do not know why I keep wondering if whatever driver was downloaded is simply wrong for my OLD All-In-One. 

I have not even tried to figure out why HP PHOTO CREATIONS business cards are off as well.  I usually do not use this application for business cards as I find PUBLISHER gives me more creativity/colors, etc.  I fear what may now happen with my 12 month calendars.  I LOVE PHOTO CREATIONS to create a family calendar every year as our gift to our extended family.  I use the 'make your own' and fill it with downloaded photos, and I highlight all birthdays, anniversaries, engagements, holidays, etc.  I then send the resultant files to a print shop in order to get bound products with clear plastic cover, etc.  I now am concerned about how the resultant files might be aligned.  All I can do is attempt to print here and see what happens. 

Anyway, I so much appreciate you taking the time to make a suggestion AND POST A LINK FOR ME.   I guess I'll just keep poking away and hope that I fall over a fix.  It doesn't seem likely.  I was an application analyst/designer/ programmer for 27 years...a very long time ago.  As I worked for an organization that had it's own hardware department, I'd simply call, ask for HELP, and bring in lots of delicious dougnuts to help me say THANK YOU.  This hardware stuff is beyond my brain capacity.

HP Recommended

Hi Sam.

Thank you for the lovely note. I ordered some spiral-bound calendars through HP Photo Creations last Christmas and my family was delighted with the quality. I also put everyone's photos on their birthdays as a special surprise.

I wonder if the alignment on your business cards is off because the paper size doesn't match. Is it set to 8.5x11?

Is the layout set to center on the page?

Is borderless printing enabled?

Does the layout look correct in the print preview?

Perhaps the paper-feed rollers on your printer are losing their grip?

Our customer support team is always happy to help. You can reach them at hpsupport@rocketlife.com.

HP Photo Creations 8871 Business Cards

Thank you,

RocketLife 

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.