Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (2,116 Views)

Terrible automatisation of Photosmart C5280 (all-in-one)

Hi,

Is there any way we can take full advantage of the Readiris OCR application in C5280? I've been wasting my days trying to convert pics to text with the provided software - which is not very helpful to people who want to KNOW what they are doing, as opposed to someone who just want to click next and have results - but I have no luck.

My point is: can I use readiris or whatever OCR HP is using now separately? Outside HP's slick-but-unhelpful interface? I used to have a Scanjet 2400 and the Readiris was properly installed in the PC and usable, but now this... I am thinking of cancelling the purchase in Amazon because I just need to have full control of the recognition of text, I want the software to learn letters like the Readiris Pro 8 used to, I want to select what text is to be recognised and what's not...

This automated thing is really unhelpful. Does anyone know a solution? Like (in my dreams, perhaps) being able to download Readiris Pro 11 for free since am unhappy with the in-built version or something? Is there anyway I can work on the OCR software provided by HP properly?

Thanks a million for the help! Smiley Happy Oh, this is so annoying... I love HP but never thought I'd be disappointed like this...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Student
Message 2 of 2 (850 Views)

Re: Photosmart C4580 (*.msi) Where can these files be found on the HP Support System

I cannot scan or copy on my C4580 as I am being asked for an installation package that uses the .msi. Looked everwhere without success. Can anyone help?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation