cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
samdburr
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The black lettering won't print. Colored lettering shows up great. Changed ink cart did help.

HP Photosmart C8180 All-In-One

Why do the colored letters print ok but the black letters don't? Changed ink cart and did not help.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
5,028 4,829 402 692
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The black lettering won't print. Colored lettering shows up great. Changed ink cart did help.

Hey @samdburr,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that your Photosmart C8180 All-In-One Printer is not printing black. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done, this document outlines how to troubleshoot print quality issues with your printer.

If after following the above the black will still not print, the printer needs to be replaced. You can contact HP Support by clicking on this link to discuss options based on your warranty.

Please let me know the results of following the above and if you are able to reach some resolution. If you are, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation