cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tndtina
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

The copy from the tray is not clean

HP Recommended
Inkjet all in one J4580
Linux

When I want to copy or fax from the tray, it prints also a line through the whole paper

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,612 3,966
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tndtina

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the copy from the tray is not clean,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you try cleaning the scanner glass? Both Printers with a flatbed scanner glass and lid & Printers with a document scan feeder

Did you clean the ADF rollers?

While you respond to that, here's a few steps you could perform:

Step 1: Clean the scanner

Fingerprints, smudges, dust, or debris on the scanner glass, under the scanner lid, or in the document feed slot can cause lines and color bands. Clean these parts with a soft, lint-free cloth sprayed with glass cleaner.

Step 2: Clean the ADF rollers

Dust or paper residue on the rollers or separator pad inside the automatic document feeder (ADF) can result in copy quality issues. Open the ADF, and then clean the ADF rollers and separator pad.

Step 3: Change the copy settings

Changing the copy settings, if available, might improve copy quality. Not all printers have the option to change copy quality settings, and some printers have more or less quality options. For specific steps, refer to the printer user guide on HP.com.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation