Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP7610 Officejet

When I switch on the printer I get the following message." Ink System Failure"  "There is a problem with the printer or the ink system". I have tried flushing cleaning liquid through the printhead using syringe/pepet etc but has made no difference.

I wanted to check the electrical connections on the printhead but am unsure how to get to these.

Any other suggestions to resolve this message would be much appreciated.

I've only just bought a new set of ink cartridges so am reluntant to dispose of this printer.

I should also comment that I have been through the HP solutions to this issue, posted on

https://support.hp.com/ie-en/document/c03262508, but none of these have worked.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums @Staines,

I understand that you are getting an "Ink System Failure" error on your printer. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own by following the right document. 

Have you updated the firmware on your printer suggested in the article? 

If you have not updated the firmware yet, please connect the printer to your computer using a USB cable and if the issue persists, please contact our phone support for the service options available. 

You can download the firmware update from www.hp.con/drivers

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the suggested fix to my ink error.

I tried to update the firmware via a usb lead, but am unable to get past the "update information" screen, I get the following message

Something seems to be wrong with the device.

Device is in error state and cannot be reflashed becase of this. Resolve the problem and try again.

Any help much appreciated.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. If the issue persists and firmware update is also not responding, please contact our phone support for any trade-in or service options available. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.