cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 1 of 14
Flag Post

Solved!

This printer is unavailable message

HP Recommended
Envy 4500
Android 5.0 Lollipop

Contiuously receiving " this printer unavailable" message when attempting direct printing but nothing has changed since last sucessful print job and only a single user. How do I get the printer to work?

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,028 4,829 405 706
Message 2 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @FormerSaskie,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you are having some issues with printing from your Android to your Envy 4500 e-All-In-One Printer. I can help you with that.

Here is how we will correct this:

1. Turn the printer and the Android off.
  2. While the devices are powered off, remove the power cord from the back of your router for one minute.
  3. When the lights return on the router, turn the printer and Android back on.

At this point you should be able to print. If not, please let me know if you have a blinking blue or solid blue light on the printer.

Please let me know if this allows you to print or if you have any other questions. Otherwise, have a great week!

If this resolves your issues, please help other users find this thread by clicking on Accept Solution below my post.

If you appreciate my help, please let others know by clicking on the thumbs up icon below my post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 3 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks fot the response DocCottle. I wentthrough the steps you suggested and the error messsage is gone but the document page comes out blank. It goes theough the loading step and the display states that it is printing but it doesn't actually print anything, or do the line by line run across the page.

The printer has a solid blue light showing.It has always been solid through this session. My wifi has only 2 bars of power - I am in a rural area, so might that bethe issue?

Hope you can help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,028 4,829 405 706
Message 4 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you are getting blank pages then that may mean that you have two issues instead of one. As a test can you put a sheet of paper with some pictures or text on the printer's flatbed, make a copy, and let me know if you see both colors and black? 

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 5 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

DocCottle

I made a copy of the printer scan sheet and it came out in truecolors and black. I have the alignment tests and the printer produces them well, it just doesn't seem to be receiving data from my device, an Asus Zen 8 that I want to print.

This may be an Asus issue and not the printer???

Again, thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,028 4,829 405 706
Message 6 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The issue is more of a tablet issue, but I wouldn't send you off to Asus quite yet.

One other thing we can do first is uninstall and reinstall the HP ePrint app and make sure to open the app before printing. If you are still not able to print after that, then yes, contacting Asus may be the next step.

I hope this helps you to print.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 7 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I uninstalled and reinstalled the HP app, no luck printing. I have emailed Asus support and will wait for a response.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,028 4,829 405 706
Message 8 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I remembered a few other things to check and narrow down the issue:

On the printer, scroll down to Wireless Direct and press OK.

In this menu turn on Wireless Direct with No Security.

On your tablet you should see a network appear with a name similar to HP Print XX Envy 4500. Connect to that network. You may have to prevent your tablet from automatically changing networks.

Open the HP ePrint app and find a document you wish to print.

Try printing.

Please let me know what happens when you print this way.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 9 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried that also with the same results of thegame paper just scrolling through. Something changed in the past 2 - 3 weeks b/c these devices xixwork together previously.

Thanks again 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 10 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Apparently, I can't spell either... xix is did and it should be the page just rolls through. Seems like a Monday!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation