cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TheWes12
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Toner Rubbing off of Print on 9040dn Printer

Hello,

I am a desktop support technician and I am having trouble with a 9040dn printer.  The letters on the print feel raised, and if you rub it for a couple of seconds, it will start to come off.  This happens mostly when using bond paper, but some when using plain.  I have tried three different fusers, I have replaced the toner cartridge and transfer roller, and I have tried plugging the printer into a different outlet, all to no avail.  I am at a loss.  Could it be the power supply is not heating the fuser enough to fuse the toner properly?  Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Wes

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
jandsbob
Level 4
128 128 9 7
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The HVPS could be the issue, as could third party toner.

0 Kudos
TheWes12
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

It is definitely a genuine HP toner cartridge.  I suspect the power supply, but I wanted some input before we go and install another one.

0 Kudos
jandsbob
Level 4
128 128 9 7
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Let me double check ours to see which PS is used, hate for you to buy an HVPS when it's an LVPS

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jandsbob
Level 4
128 128 9 7
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Just checked our service guide, might as well check these before buying a part

􀁺 Make sure that the fuser levers are in the down position for cut-sheet media.

􀁺 Make sure that all packing spacers are removed from inside of the printer.

􀁺 Try different media (make sure that the media is within specifications; see the HP LaserJet

Printer Family Print Media Guide).

􀁺 Make sure that the correct fusing mode for the media is set at the control panel.

􀁺 Make sure that the ac power does not fluctuate out of range during the print cycle.

0 Kudos
TheWes12
5 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Ahhh....The fuser levers were in the up position.  Appreciate it!!!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation