cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Just joined
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Tool Box problems in Windows XP 32 Bit

HP Recommended

Hi All,

I hope someone can help because i am about to throw out my color laser printer...

Ok I have a CL LJ 2600n printer that needs to be cleaned via the tool box but it won't run on windows 7 so i took an old laptop installed windows xp 32bit, download all the updates, even installed Dot Net because i read somewhere it needed it, both 3.51 with the service pack and dot net 4.0

i plugged in the printer, it auto installed the generic drivers then i download the full install package for it, installed it nothing showed up, IE NO TOOL BOX. 

then i downloaded the OJPROK5X00_eNTERPRISE_tOOLBOX_7 file per HP's website to try to get it installed, still nothing shows up.

I can print to the printer via usb.

I really need some help here. please. 

I have tried uninstalling the driver, rebooting reinstalling it nothing is working.

thanks all.

Steve

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 11
3,668 3,639 228 552
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The HP Toolbox is often referred to now as additional software.  Certain older printer models removed the toolbox as a required component in the normal installation. 

You should try re-running the install and selecting the Install More Software Option. From there you should be able to select the Toolbox and complete the installation.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation