cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
cyberpop
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Tool box

HP Recommended
deskjet 3050a j11g
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

After installing my deskjet printer onto my new computer (going from XP to Windows 8.1), I can't seem to find the toolbox that let me check ink levels and clean the heads.  Can it be reinstalled onto my computer?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,981 90,858 11,706 25,066
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please download and re-install the following software and driver:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL37193/al-109013-3/DJ3050A_J611_1315-1.exe

Note: it may be called HP Printer Assisstant now.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
cyberpop
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I downloaded the link and installed it, but I still can't find where it is.

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,981 90,858 11,706 25,066
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't know how do you setup your desktop under Windows 8.1 but please try this way:

1. Hold down Win key (Windows key) and press Q

2. Type HP  , it will show a list and select your HP printer,

You can pin on desktop OR taskbar (by right click it then select pin to ...).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
cyberpop
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I selected my printer, pinned it to the taskbar, and clicked on the icon.  A box opened giving me a choice of: 

1.  "connect a new printer"

2.  " reconfigure wireless settings"

3.  "add more software"

Don't see Tool Box anywhere.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation