The HP Community is here for you.
12-30-2013 03:03 PM
My mum has this printer, and has just upgraded her laptop to Windows 7 and since that, the wireless network no longer recognises the printer. I have tried alsorts and even searched for it using my laptop but still no joy.
Can you help? I have tried to set it up on screen on the printer but i dont know how to find out the WPA Passphrase?! I tried using the log-in for the wireless but it says its invalid and i know this is the correct password.
Also it wont print a network config page or a test sheet and i dont understand why, it seems to go through all the processes...reeling in the paper but then just stops but still says printing...on screen.
12-30-2013 04:23 PM
Welcome to the HP Forum!
You may need to reinstall the Printer's software.
The passphrase is the login password for your home network. If the printer won't accept the password now, it should do so when you complete the printer's software installation.
You will need the Name of your Network, that is, the SSID
You will need the login password, that is, the Passphrase
You can download the software from this link: HP Officejet 4500 Wireless All-in-One Printer - G510n Drivers
- Enter your Operating System in the Drop-down menu
- Click NEXT and Scroll down
- Look for category Driver - Product Installation Software
- Select the Basic Driver, e-print, or Full Feature Software
- Save the *.exe installation package(s) on your computer
The file(s) will likely save to the "Downloads “folder.
- If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, Select ‘run as Administrator’ and install.
At the bottom half of the printer's webpage you will find videos to help you with the installation. Scroll the list back and forth until you find the video that most closely matches your situation.
There is lots of information at your printer's website -- be sure to take a look around.
Click the Kudos Star!
It is a nice way to say “Thank You” for the help.