cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lthpuser
Level 2
26 8 0 5
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Troubleshooting ADF for Officejet 6700 Premium eAIO

HP Recommended
Officejet 6700 Premium eAIO
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The ADF consistently feeds each and every page around the rollers and back up into the ADF cover space and I have tried everything I know, everything I could find to read about it, but nothing seems to work, and yet there is nothing visually wrong - no chunk, no rollers misaligned or out of shape, springs missing, and

1.  Is there any way to test or correct ADF functionality?

2.  Without ADF I am limited to one page faxes with several document intensive projects soon coming due;

3.  Is there an online or HP Online manual for troubleshooting ADF

4.  It seems to be, at least I hope its not grossly obvious, a subtle 'glitch' and short of dismantling and re-assembling, or maybe can another ADF sub-assembly be purchased and installed?

5.  Any diagnostic suggestions, earnest anecdotes, even t/s (shorthand for trouble-shooting -- its as bad to type repetitively as bookkeeping is - try it ten times, or other resources would be appreciated.

Thank you.

lthpuser

1 REPLY 1
RnRMusicMan
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,459 749 1,755
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @lthpuser,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I noticed that you are trying to troubleshoot the ADF for your HP Officejet 6700 premium printer. I am happy to help! 

The best way to test ADF functionality is by using regular paper, and attempting to make standalone copies. Copying a Multipage Original in Order (Collating).

The ADF is built into the printer itself, it is not a separate part, that can be ordered, and installed. 

The printer's User Guide, seems to point to page 19 for any information regarding the ADF.

Hope this answers your questions, and have a nice day! :generic:

“Please click the Thumbs up icon below to thank me for responding.”

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation