cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
GWE54
Level 1
6 5 0 2
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

Try to install HP Photosmart Premium - C309g on a new HP Desktop but it won't install

HP Recommended
HP Photosmart Premium All-in-O
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I try to install a HP Photosmart Premium All-in-One Printer - C309g that I have on a brand new HP Desktop but the installer says my HP does not have the USB drivers, although it came with 4 USB ports, both USB 2 and 3.

I connect a USB cable to it and the PC and get no where, the printer has been set up on a previous HP PC and is operating as a wireless printer on my home network.

Any ideas/help on why my brand new $1,500 HP desktop doesn't seem to have the USB drivers needed to install this printer will be greatly appeciated

8 REPLIES 8
sestorka
Level 2
16 10 0 1
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a similar problem.

I have recently bought a new novatech 64-bit computer with Windows 7 Professional. The printer is an HP Photosmart Premium C309g-m All-in-one.

When trying to install the software and drivers for the HP  printer it failed right at the start whether or not the printer was plugged into a USB2 socket at the time, and whether or not I used the originally supplied installation CD or the current version downloaded from the HP website. A snipping tool copy of the window is attached below. And why doesn't it say what is missing (if anything really is)?

All other USB devices plugged into the computer were truly plug-and-play! No USB hardware or software is missing. After a lot of trying, Windows managed to install a driver which allows printing but not scanning. I.e. nWindows does printing, HP software doesn't.Capture HP failure.JPG
I have downloaded and installed the software on another 64-bit Windows 7 professional PC without any problem.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
GWE54
Author
Level 1
6 5 0 2
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
This is the exact same error message I get, that says the HP PCWORLD is missing the correct USB drivers.

Makes no sense I have plugged multiple USB 2 items into the port and they worked or installed just fine.

There has to be an issue with the HP installation package for this printer. So we need HP To fix this printers installation package.
GWE54
Author
Level 1
6 5 0 2
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
This is the exact same error message I get, that says the HP PC is missing the correct USB drivers.

Makes no sense I have plugged multiple USB 2 items into the port and they worked or installed just fine.

There has to be an issue with the HP installation package for this printer. So we need HP to fix this printer's installation package.
sestorka
Level 2
16 10 0 1
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP doesn't care about "old" printers. It is quite happy for them to become unusable, when I, for one, would buy one of another make. It doesn't make sense to grow a reputation for what are really short-lived printers.  I have an Epson printer that works perfectly with up to date software after13 years. I am somtimes asked to advise people on which make and model of printer to buy, so it is useful to extend one's personal experience.

GWE54
Author
Level 1
6 5 0 2
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks. I am finding the HP of today is not the HP I am used to. My new $1,500 HP desktop is the poorest designed desktop I have ever owned. And this USB issue with the HP printer makes no sense. I got through to a HP support chat person and they took my phone number and said a support person would call me in 15 minutes. ..well that was 4 days ago and still no call back. Pretty bad customer service I guess.
GWE54
Author
Level 1
6 5 0 2
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just read that HP no longer supports this 4 year old C309g pronter. Basically says, you are own your own, I guess I will start buying Dell desktops, laptops, and printers.

GWE54
Author
Level 1
6 5 0 2
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Amazing, I just installed this printer on an older HP laptop I have with NO issue. It is HPs NEW Desktops that won't allow you to install because of bad USB drivers on the new products that won't support older HP products...just amwazing.

sestorka
Level 2
16 10 0 1
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am not surprised that they have abandoned users - not a nice company!  I have two not-Dell PCs (novatechs) but the USB support is only what Windodws 7- 64 bit provides. The HP software installs on one of them to send documents over the in-house network for printing, but the other one has the printer connected directly via a cable and it won't install on that. I tried unplugging the cable and then trying the installataion, but it failed in exactly the same way; it doen't get fare enough to care whether it is plugged in or not. I found a very lengthy procedure on the web to remove all previously installed HP software, butI daren't do that in case it removes the driver that supports printing; at least it works to some extent.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation