cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CFurq
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Trying to Scan to my Email

HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8610
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

I am trying to scan some pictures to my computer. The "From" email address shows as my work email and so I keep getting a message that says the printer "can't connect to the server". I want to change the "from" address, but I can't find anything prompting me as to how.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,400 90,277 11,605 24,898
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is it your private computer or your work computer ?

(a) Your private computer: I don't know your work policy, I can only use my work email address on work computers, tablets and phones. Please check with you Admin.

(b) Your work computer: again, I don't know but on my work laptop, I can use access card to logon to my work network anywhere with internet access but I can't print to private printers even they sit next to me right now.

In this case, I believe your printer CAN'T access to your work network to get your email address. Your work email address can be a Receipient but can't be a Sender.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

cfurq1
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The computer I am using is my home computer. Both my laptop and my printer are in my home. However, when I try to scan to my home email, the "From" address that shows on the computer is my work email.  I don't know how it got there, but I am assuming that is why I keep getting the message that the printer cannot contact the server. I want to change the "from" address, but I can't find where to do it.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation