Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ENVY7645
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I plugged in an SID card into the printer. I select view and print. the screen shows 12 small pictures numbered 1 thru 12. I select number 1 and nothing happens. The manual says to press continue but I don't see where to press on continue.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, @Del_Shoots – Hope you are well 🙂

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel!

I understand you are facing issues while printing from the SD card on your printer. Let’s start by performing a hard reset on the printer.

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Now, follow the steps listed here and then try to print: http://hp.care/2pZWas6 If the issue persists, try a different SD card on your printer and then check the functionality.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I tried the reset that you mentioned but I still have the same problem.

HP Recommended

Hello, @Del_Shoots

What is the storage capacity on your SD card? Also, did you try using a different SD card / Memory card on your printer? Please let me know.

Try using a different card if you did not try yet.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing back from you!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

The SIM card is 2gb. I tried another SIM card. The green light flashes and then turns solid grn. but I don't get the screen that says view and print. I checked both SIM cards on two computers and they both read the 2 cards.

HP Recommended

@Del_Shoots

It looks like you were interacting with @Dvortex, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

Sim card & SD card are too completely different things, going by your previous posts, Is it safe to assume we are still talking about an SD card and not a SIM card?

That said, considering the SD card works fine on the other computers and not on the printer, it's possible there's a hardware failure.

And I recommend you Contact HP to set up a repair/replacement service:

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number to obtain a case along with the phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.