cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dherb
Level 1
3 1 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Trying to set up new HP Officejet 6000 E609n using a macbook OS X 10.5.8.

HP device manager says "no HP device currently installed" but it is installed. I am using a wireless connection with a Linksys router. Printer queue says printing but error red "!" saying offline. Have followed basic troubleshooting steps in manual without results. What should I do now? Printer shows bluelight and green on light.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
20,467 20,434 1,425 4,872
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Let's reset the printing system:

- Sys Prefs, Print & Fax
- Right (control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add it. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
0 Kudos
dherb
Level 1
3 1 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

sorry, that did not work. I did get the printer to work. I went to the Apple Store and they told me to remove the HP disc and to just use the computer's own software. Went to System Profiler, choose Print /Fax, added officejet...(also updated Airport software) and it worked. whew!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation