The HP Community is here for you.
12-31-2012 01:14 PM
I have loaded the drivers and followed instructions BUT cannot find any place to turn off 2-sided printing as default on printer. If I pull up printer then printer preferences then queue then settings there is no DRIVER tab to turn off 2-sided printing as on shown on SUPPORT web page.
01-01-2013 12:19 AM
Please follow the steps below in order to disable two-sided printing:
1. From the application used to print, on the File menu, select Print. The Print window appears.
NOTE: The Print window might be minimized. Click the Show Details button to see all available settings.
2. In the expanded Print window you will find next to Copies the checkbox for Two-Sided. UnCheck the box.
NOTE: If the checkbox does not appear within the specific application print dialog, skip this step.
3. Click the lowest selection box listed as the name of the program (e.g. TextEdit)
Will appear as Copies & Pages within Microsoft Office applications.
4. Select Layout from the drop-down menu.
5. Set the Two-Sided option as Off.
Save the settings for future use by clicking Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset... the used preset will remain default till another preset will be used.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
06-13-2013 12:52 PM
Also, if you are just trying to print normally, when the print dialog box comes up, select the drop down menu under orientation. You should see an option for "Layout". Select that and down below you will see an option called "Two-Sided" with a drop down menu to the right of it. From there, you will be able to make the changes.
04-19-2014 12:37 PM
I am also trying to turn off 2 sided printing. It suddenly started doing this.
What is the application used to print? I can't find it to follow your instructions.
10-29-2017 04:24 AM
Here's an updated procedure that will change the default from two-sided to singel-sided printing with Mac OS X 10.12.
Most of the newer HP printers are programmed to print on both sides of the paper as the default. Maybe this was done so HP could show off their double-sided printing technology or, maybe it was just one of those dumb oversights. Yes, you can uncheck the “Two-Sided” option on each document you print but, if you are like me, I have single-sided hardwired in to my brain and end up re-printing lots of documents. Anyway, it’s pain in the a$$ and finding information on how to make single-sided the default, is really frustrating. There are numerous blogs and forums with half-baked procedures, many that don’t work, and many that are PC-only. Here’s how I solved the issue with my HP OfficeJet 8702 and Macbook Pro running Mac OS X 10.12(Sierra). I assume this procedure will work with other printers and other versions of Mac OS X.
1. Open any file that has a print option. This might be with Word, Excel, TextEdit, Safari, etc.
2. Select “Print” from the file menu and when the print dialog screen opens, click “Show Details”(lower left) to get all the print options displayed. If HIDE DETAILS is displayed, you are already on the right screen.
3. Unclick Two-Sided.
4. Click on the “Presets” pull-down menu that is displaying “default”(second from top) and , select “Save Current Settings As Preset”.
5. Pick a name for this printer profile you are saving, like “One-Sided” and then click “OK”. The name, “One-Sided” should now display in the “Presets” menu.
6. As a double-check, click on the “Presets” pull-down again and select “Show Presets”. Make sure the “Resets Printing to Default Settings After Printing” IS NOT checked. Click OK.
7. Now, everything should print one-sided and if you want double-sided, just check the “Two-Sided” option in the print dialog menu before printing.
I couldn’t find any way to actually change the default setting. The default profile will always remain as double-sided printing. This procedure just builds another profile that replaces the default profile.