cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jdfink
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Twain Driver - Officejet Pro 8600 Plus - On MAC OS 10.6

HP Recommended

I just purchased my Officejet.  I used Acrobat to scan all my documents, but cannot find a stand alone twain driver for this model.  All of the scans I do have been way to large using the HP software.  Is there a stand alone twain file for this unit?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
j_
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To the previous poster, I'd suggest processing the files in Acrobat Pro after scanning them. Acrobat Pro CS4 has an "Optimize Scanned PDF" feature in the Document menu.

However, I too am anxious to be able to scan from applications like Acrobat Pro, and I was surprised to find a little line in an Officejet Pro 8600 Plus user guide that says, "The HP Scanning Software does not support TWAIN and WIA scanning on computers running OS X." If this is true (I found it in a user guide on some third-party site), I believe it means that scanning with Acrobat will not be possible; this is pretty surprising, and there was no way to know it in advance of buying the device.

So I'd like to know if this is true and, if so, whether there are any plans to release a TWAIN driver for use on OS X.

Thanks--

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation