cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AADIVER Top Student
Top Student
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Two sided printing

I have a new HP Officejet j6450 All-in-One printer I installed with the installation disk in my Mac computer.  It offers two sided printing but I can't get it to print two sided even though the unit's correctly installed at the back of the printer.  Please advise how I can get my printer to print two sided.  And PLEASE, K.I.S.S., 'cause I'm a relative newbie to all this.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
inrs Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Two sided printing

Try this, open up the Printer Setup Utility, click on the printer name (Officejet J6400 series), then click on the Show Info icon. From the drop down menu, choose "Installable Options", select it, and click "apply changes"

Good Luck 

0 Kudos
AADIVER Top Student
Top Student
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Two sided printing

When I do I get this message: "Current paper type and paper size selections do not support two-sided printing." I loaded 8 1/2Xll #20 paper per instructions; that's the type and size the printer takes.  Also, when I clicked CHANGES, nothing happened. Haven't a clue what to do next.
Message Edited by AADIVER on 12-17-2008 11:37 PM
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
30,358 25,906 2,372 7,960
Message 4 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Two sided printing

The message about the duplexer not being compatible with the paper type and size selections relates to the setting for the driver, not what is actually in the printer.  Check your printer settings and make sure that you have selected plain paper and letter size.

Regards,

Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
AADIVER Top Student
Top Student
5 2 0 0
Message 5 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Two sided printing

I did as you suggested...still getting the same message. I'll have to go into a local HP store and have them talk me through the process to get two-sided printing.
0 Kudos
PhD Student
PhD Student
1,043 994 33 154
Message 6 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Two sided printing

go to hp dot com and look for the model of the printer

and select the driver and software

and you will see the OSes of the choice

which will have a mac update about your printer

check for advance or prerefence button

and look for duplex option

if you cant to get it to duplex

you might do a manual duplex

i know its a extra step to tak

good luck

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
0 Kudos
tfcluv-online Honor Student
Honor Student
1 1 0 1
Message 7 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Two sided printing

I just bought this printer and spent many hours trying to figure out the same problem.  Finally I looked on the HP webpage for the printer.  I found the following link for the printer on how to use duplex printing.  The key instruction is Step 3, Item 3.  Once I changed to "format to" under page set up to the OfficeJet 6450 and then choose to duplex print a document under the print menu, everything worked fine.

Your problem might be a bit different but this solved my problem.   Your paper size issue also might be fixed on the page setup menu too.

I found the directions by going to the hp website and choosing "Support and Drivers".  I choose to download drivers for the OJ6450 by typing in j6450 in the search box.  Next I choose Mac OSX and then clicked on "How to Use" (right side of page), then I clicked on "Print", then "Printing", and finally "Printing on both sides of the paper (duplexing) in Macintosh".  Sorry for the long directions but I could not leave the link for the directions.

I hope this helps. 

mkerley Top Student
Top Student
4 3 1 0
Message 8 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Two sided printing

Thank you!  This solved my problem even though it was a different HP model.

By the way, here's a direct link to the directions.

0 Kudos
Hadiss Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 9 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Two sided printing

0 Kudos
Hadiss Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Two sided printing

Hello,

I have a HP Photosmart (C309-g) which is connected to my Mac and im having some problems: when printing double sided, the reverse page on the paper comes out upside down :S can anyone advise me on how to fix this?

Many Thanks

Hadiss

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation