cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
listky
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

URGENT! HP Laserjet 1536dnf MFP

HP Recommended

Hi there. I was tryint find the proper solution to my problem but I couldn't make it. Here's the thing, my printer HP Laserjet 1536dnf MFP stopped printing in exchange to give me error:

PCL XL Error
Subsystem: KERNEL
Error: IllegalOperatorSequence
Filename: Kernel.c
Line Number: 1822

I was trying everything that your HP forums provides. I've installed PCL 5 and 6, together and separately - didn't work.
Updated originate drivers - didn't work. Updated firmware - didn't work. That error occurs only on this printer, the other one in my branch works perfectly but it's different brand. It totally blocks my branch, it used to work flawlessly for a period of 2 years. I was restarting computer and printer each time I changed / updated the drivers and I ran out of ideas. I need an urgent help. I think it may be the software fault. It also prints Error: IllegalTag sometimes, or just random(?) letters at the top of the sheet like S        S          S            A S R etc. Getting rid of the printer is not an option I need a solution to fix this.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
dansdaduk
Level 9
3,562 3,538 282 596
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Could be a driver fault, or intermittent corruption by hardware, or (as http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Software-Drivers/M175Nw-PCL-XL-errors/m-p/4940252 explains) the result of a recent update to AVG anti-virus.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation