cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CannoliJoey
4 2 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Unable to Communicate With Printer

HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

First thing first - PC specs 
OS - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU - Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 GHz

Mother Board - Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5

GPU - Nvidia 750Ti

My PC has a wired connection to the network but the printer is on 2.4GHz Wifi about 5ft away from the modem/router/AP box.

The printer is currently runing firmware revision CFP1FN1515AR

Ok now the problem...

Whenever I attempt to print something I get the Error message "Unable to Comunicate with Printer. clicking the "Fix" option launches HP Print Scan Doctor 4.9 witch is also unable to conenct with the printer. Printing the network configuration page revieals that the printer is conneceted to the network but not the internet. When I restart the printer it is able to recconect to the internet and can print again but it looses it's connection after only a couple of minutes forcing me to restart the device whenever I want to print something. Everything elce on the network can access the itnernet just fine on both wifi and ethernet.

Does anyone know of a fix to this probelm, a driver or firmware update that I havent come accross mabey?

Thank you,

Cannoli Joey

4 REPLIES 4
8lives
Level 14
12,684 12,678 865 1,539
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update the printer firmware. > link

What router are you using?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
CannoliJoey
Author
4 2 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It looks like that worked, thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
HPunter
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
No 2 way communication with printer!
0 Kudos
8lives
Level 14
12,684 12,678 865 1,539
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Neil take a look at this HP support doc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation