cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Unable to change printer/scanning settings in HP Printer Assistant

HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8625
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, my laptop is running Windows 10 64-bit OS. I have updated the latest driver for my printer (Full Feature and Software and Drivers version 32.3). I am unable to change the printer settings in the HP Printer Assistant. The icon is there at the top, left hand corner of the main menu, but I can't open the settings. I can click on and open the other icons in the main menu.  How do I change the scanner settings to scan in color? I ran the HP Print and Scan Doctor also and everything checks out fine. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,633
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Jack64,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I see that you are experiencing issues scanning in color and you aren't able to change the settings for the printer in the Printer Assistant Software. I would like to help you resolve this issue. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the " Thumbs Up " to give me a Kudos. :generic:

Temporarily turn off any Antivirus Software and try making the changes again in the HP Printer Assistant.

You can try the steps listed in this post, Computer application interface won't open from my co-worker, Sunshyn2005, hope the patch helps.

Please let me know the results and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you so much for responding. I figured out how to pin the scanner settings to the task bar. I ran the print and scan doctor again and was able to access the scanner settings and pin it to the task bar. I wish that was a little easier. I appreciate your time and reply Gemini02! Have a good day.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation