Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
envy 5530 e

I have not recieved any replacement ink since April 2016. I have tried to call support and email but the only reponse I recieve is email telling me that my printer is off line which when checked is on line.

i need to get replacement ink .Please contact me at my email address so I can resolve this issue please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @robsturg,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you need ink and we have sent you emails that your printer is offline. I would be happy to look into this with you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution' if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

If the printer is not connected to Web Services you will not receive replenishment automatically. To ensure that you receive your replacement cartridges in a timely manner, we strongly recommend that you leave your printer powered on at all times. If your printer is powered off for days at a time it may not send information correctly to our servers which may cause a delay in ink shipments.

If the printer is having a problem connecting to Web Services. please make sure that your printer has the correct date and time. 

Print a wireless test report to get the printer's IP address. 
To check network configuration or print wireless test report 
1. From the Home screen, touch the Wireless icon, and then touch Settings. 
2. Touch the down arrow to scroll through options. Touch Display Network Configuration or Print Wireless Test Report.
Source: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03773204

Open the printer's home page: 
1. Once you have the printer's IPV4 IP address, open your internet browser and enter the IP address in the address bar. 
2. Go to the Network or Wireless tab across the top. 
3. On the left-hand side click on Network or Wireless. 
4. Click on Network address (IPV4 address) 
5. From here you can set a static IP address and add DNS settings. 
6. On the DNS settings, change it to Manual. 
7. For the Preferred DNS enter: 8.8.8.8 and Alternate DNS: 8.8.4.4 (without periods) 
8. Click Apply. 
9. Click on Settings and locate Preferences and set the Date and Time. 
10. Click Apply.
11. Try turning the printer off and on again. 
12. Press the Web Services icon again. 

After you have completed these steps. please send me a private message with your email address or account number so I can check your account and send you ink if needed. Also, confirm that the address on your account is correct.

I hope to hear from you soon. 🙂 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Is your printer connected to a network or by USB?  Are you enrolled in the Instant Ink program?  If you are connected by USB the printer may show as online from the computer, but it will not be online for Instant Ink.  

This forum is not a direct link to HP Support, the folks here do not have any access to your email or other personal information.  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hello @robsturg,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you need ink and we have sent you emails that your printer is offline. I would be happy to look into this with you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution' if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

If the printer is not connected to Web Services you will not receive replenishment automatically. To ensure that you receive your replacement cartridges in a timely manner, we strongly recommend that you leave your printer powered on at all times. If your printer is powered off for days at a time it may not send information correctly to our servers which may cause a delay in ink shipments.

If the printer is having a problem connecting to Web Services. please make sure that your printer has the correct date and time. 

Print a wireless test report to get the printer's IP address. 
To check network configuration or print wireless test report 
1. From the Home screen, touch the Wireless icon, and then touch Settings. 
2. Touch the down arrow to scroll through options. Touch Display Network Configuration or Print Wireless Test Report.
Source: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03773204

Open the printer's home page: 
1. Once you have the printer's IPV4 IP address, open your internet browser and enter the IP address in the address bar. 
2. Go to the Network or Wireless tab across the top. 
3. On the left-hand side click on Network or Wireless. 
4. Click on Network address (IPV4 address) 
5. From here you can set a static IP address and add DNS settings. 
6. On the DNS settings, change it to Manual. 
7. For the Preferred DNS enter: 8.8.8.8 and Alternate DNS: 8.8.4.4 (without periods) 
8. Click Apply. 
9. Click on Settings and locate Preferences and set the Date and Time. 
10. Click Apply.
11. Try turning the printer off and on again. 
12. Press the Web Services icon again. 

After you have completed these steps. please send me a private message with your email address or account number so I can check your account and send you ink if needed. Also, confirm that the address on your account is correct.

I hope to hear from you soon. 🙂 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.