Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
aurelie2527 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to print double sided using Adobe on Mac Lion with OfficeJet Pro 800 Wireless

Have a Mac Lion 10.7.5 with OfficeJet Pro 8000 Wireless and Adobe 10.1.4. I can print just fine using Safari, but when having to use Adobe, there is no feature allowing me to print double sided on any pdf files.  The Printer Accessory Duplexer is  checked off in System Preference.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Provost Provost
Provost
24325 24084 4354 9242
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to print double sided using Adobe on Mac Lion with OfficeJet Pro 800 Wireless

Hi,

From Adobe open the print dialog.

Click the Printer... button and confirm the prompt.

From the bottom drop-down select Layout ans set the Two-Sided printing.

You may save a preset to easily set the option in feuture use and keep the settings as default, the latest used preset will remain default till another one will be selected.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :)
0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for helping me out with this, but Im still missing something.  I wanted to print my bank stmt today, for example,  and the print dialog box doesn't seem to look the same as what you're descibing.  The Print dialog box I see has 4 boxes in center of box:  Page Sizing and Handling.  First box is Size, Second is Poster, Third is Multiple and 4th is Booklet.  Then it gives me size options and orientation.  When I click on Print, it prints and gives me no option for double-sided.  The only time I see the Layout and Two-Sided option is when I'm printing in Preview or Word.  

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
24325 24084 4354 9242
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Any of the options are there, simply folow my previous post..

Please follow the discussion below which deals with the exact same, then enter the Layout button to set Two-Sided:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Mac-Printing-and-Scanning/Laserjet-4600-DN-driver-no-longer-gives-greys...

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :)
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

NOW, I get it. Thank you so much for your patience. The link you provided really helped and made sense of your first suggestion.
0 Kudos
domcomm Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The suggestions don't work. The two-sided printing is grayed out. It says that it can't do two-sided printing with this choice of paper size and type. It is set on letter size paper (what's wrong with that?) but, it won't let me change paper type. All choices are grayed out except HP Premium Photo Paper.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation