cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kanajune
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

Solved!

Unable to print to my HPJ4680 from my new Galaxy Note 4 phone

HP Recommended
Samsung Note 4
Android 4.4 KitKat

As suggested, I downloaded the ePrint App tp my Note 4 and tried to print to my HP All-in-One J4680.  Blurtooth is turned on the printer but still the print app says "unable to find printer".  

I also got an activation code and activated ePrint but still it cannot find my printer.  Is there some setting at the printer to make it "discoverable"?  Do I need to enter my printer address?   Help!

I found some instructions to register my printer but I do not have the menu items to get a claim code.  Does this mean my printer is not really capable of wireless communication?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
32,610 32,189 5,529 13,025
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

To clarify, the HP Officejet J4680 do support a wireless connection.

The printer is not supported for the HP ePrint app, however it is supported by the 'Print solution for Android and Kindlel devices' as listed below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-Pro-8600-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---N9/4322914/m...

You may connect the printer to your network wirelessly, then install the HP Print Service Plugin from the Google Play Store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hp.android.printservice

Ensure it is ebabled as following:
- From a Home screen, tap Apps (located in the lower right)
- Tap Settings.
- From the SYSTEM section, tap Printing.
- Ensure the HP Print Service Plugin is enabled

Then print as listed below:

1. From a supported app (e.g. Photos, Chrome, etc), find the Print option from the app's menu, and then tap Print.
  2. Find the option to select your printer. The Android device displays a list of printers that are available on the Wi-Fi network.
  3. Make any changes to the available printing options, if desired.
  4. Tap Print to send the print job to the printer.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
9 REPLIES 9
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,920 93,577 12,295 26,136
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

How do you connect your printer now ? Your printer does not use Bluetooth and it ONLY has USB connection as shown:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01574181-11

Yu won't get calim code for USB connected pronters. It short, you can't use HP ePrint on this printer.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

To clarify, the HP Officejet J4680 do support a wireless connection.

The printer is not supported for the HP ePrint app, however it is supported by the 'Print solution for Android and Kindlel devices' as listed below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-Pro-8600-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---N9/4322914/m...

You may connect the printer to your network wirelessly, then install the HP Print Service Plugin from the Google Play Store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hp.android.printservice

Ensure it is ebabled as following:
- From a Home screen, tap Apps (located in the lower right)
- Tap Settings.
- From the SYSTEM section, tap Printing.
- Ensure the HP Print Service Plugin is enabled

Then print as listed below:

1. From a supported app (e.g. Photos, Chrome, etc), find the Print option from the app's menu, and then tap Print.
  2. Find the option to select your printer. The Android device displays a list of printers that are available on the Wi-Fi network.
  3. Make any changes to the available printing options, if desired.
  4. Tap Print to send the print job to the printer.

Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

kanajune
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I will try that...thanks so much. I wondered what the pretty blue WiFi light was on my printer for if it wasn't capable in some way. Fantastic!
kanajune
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I do have a question about connecting to my network wirelessly- right now I hook the printer in with the USB cable because I use a Verizon jet pack for the internet. Up to 10 devices can hook into it wirelessly but I have never figured out how to get the printer hooked in to it wirelessly. Hmmmmm......may be back to square one here.
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Let's see if you can connect the printer to the jet pack and if it also provide a local network connectivity as required for a such.

Click the Wrench button on the printer to access the Setup menu, then select Wireless and follow the Wireless Setup Wizard.

Select the required SSID and provide it password to connect the printer, then try printing again.

Be aware that the printer require a local network, I'm not sure if such a Jetpack provide such a local network connection or only allow the devices to access the internet.

If that fails to work you may try resetting the wireless settings from the same Wireless menu, then ensure the Wireless Radio is enabled (the bluw wifi light should blink)

From the galaxy Note connect to the printer's SSID as your WiFi network, it should appear as HPSETUP or the printer model and try printing.

kanajune
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer is asking for a passphrase?

kanajune
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I suspect because my jetpack is not a router I do not have a WPA Passphrase.  I do have a password for the jetpack but that was not accepted.

kanajune
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Oh I finally figured out how to use the keypad properly to rnter my password.  The printer spit out a page saying the password did not match excatly and to try again. sigh

kanajune
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

NOW I've got it!  Thank you so much!

Tags (1)
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation