Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3720
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'd like to scan some documents to get an image to upload. I can print and copy fine from my printer (a brand new HP Deskjet 3720) but I can't find how to scan only. The online video suggests when I install the HP Software I should have an "HP Scan" app installed. However I don't, I have an "HP TWAIN" app which only lets me create scan settings.

The TWAIN app state "select a task and press the scan button" but there isn't a scan button, only save, cancel, create new scan shortcut.

How do I scan? How do I get the "HP Scan" software - I've installed all software from the HP website for a Deskjet 3720 and this doesn't include this?

Thanks,

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Chris,

Click Start > All Apps > HP > HP Deskjet 3700 and click the HP Deskjet 3700 icon, HP Printer Asistant opens.

Click Scan a Document or Photo, HP Scan opens.

Now change any scan settings if required and press Scan.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended
The only apps I have under the start menu -> HP are:

HP Deskjet 3700 series - runs DeviceSetup.exe

HP TWAIN Administration
HP Recommended

I can get to the HP Printer Assistant using Control Panel -> Devices and Printers and double click on the printer

The "Print and Scan" section only has Print options, nothing to do with scanning

HP Recommended

So it seems as your printer was not fully configured correctly.

Is it connected with a USB or Wireless?

If it is connected with a USB, unplug the cable at this time.

From Devices and Printer right click teh shoen printer and select Remove Device.

Open teh HP Deskjet 3700 software and follow the steps to connect a new printer.

Once completing the device configuration the printer's icon should launch the HP Printer Assitant instead of DeviceSetup.exe.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.