The HP Community is here for you.
09-21-2011 06:33 AM
I have an All-In-One 7210 printer (several years old) on a home network along with an HP desktop running Windows 7. The printing functions were enabled automatically when the PC was installed (December 2010) but not the scanner. I loaded the driver from the website (do not have a disc) and gained scanner access through the HP solutions Center however after a short period this stopped functioning. Now I get an error message when Solution Center is invoked that the device installation is incomplete. Scanning does not function from the PC or the 7210. Loading the driver has been attempted several times and has not been stable. Suggestions?
09-21-2011 09:46 AM - last edited on 04-18-2016 02:23 PM by OscarFuentes
here's a workaround to try...
- Click the Windows icon ( ), and then click Computer .
- Double-click Local Disc (C .
- Double-click Program Files .
- Double-click HP .
- Double-click Digital Imaging .
- Double-click Bin .
- Locate and double-click one of the following files. You will only have one to choose from.
- Select New Scan , and then change any desired settings to the scan.
- Click Accept to save the scan to the desired location.
- Follow these steps if you need to save the scan as another file type, such as a .PDF:
- Right-click the recently saved file to open it in another application, such as Microsoft Word.
- Save the new scan as the desired file type.
09-21-2011 05:38 PM
that result points to a problem with the current sw installation or with the wireless connection...
since you can print, it would be good to install the full solution software available here
09-21-2011 05:58 PM
I also get "an unexpected error occurred." However, I have installed the full software as I described in my initial post. It worked for a while and then quit. By the way, reinstalling that software was extremely difficult as it identified remnants of the previous install and aborted. Only after repeated attempts would it reinstall.
09-22-2011 08:05 AM
sorry for the bad link.
the Scan Diagnostic Utilty is partway down the page at
08-30-2012 04:19 PM