Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 3 (756 Views)
Accepted Solution

Uninstall issues w/HP Officejet 5610 All-in-One Printer

I have a Dell E510 Desktop upon which I recently upgraded my printer to an HP Photsmart 7520 wireless printer. I am running Windows 7 Professional 32 bit, an Intel Pentium 4, 3.0  GHz Processor with 4 Gb (3.24 usable) of RAM. The new printer worked for about two weeks, but has now developed problems. The previous printer, an HP Officejet 5610 All-in-One, started giving me issues, so I removed it , or so I thought. The physical device is out of the system, however, I can't uninstall the software.  I tried to uninstall using the program's uninstall feature, to no avail. I tried using Contol Panel's Remove Programs feature, also to no avail. These tasks were attempted both before and after the physical removal of the device.

I keep getting error messages about the file being on a network that is unavailable. When I open Printers and Devices, the HP 5610 keeps appearing, no matter how many times I "remove this device". I believe the two software programs are conflicting with each other. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can remove the HP Officejet 5610 printer from my system?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

John C. Morgan

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Uninstall issues w/HP Officejet 5610 All-in-One Printer

Hello jmorgan884,

I would like to offer a suggestion to help uninstall the HP Officejet 5610 from your Windows 7 computer. I recently needed to remove some software from my computer and had issues as well, I was able to finally uninstall the software using Microsoft Fixit.

This application is free, compatable with your Operating System and very easy to use. Let me know if using the Microsoft Fixit allows you to remove the software.

Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

View solution in context
Retired
Message 2 of 3 (724 Views)

Hello jmorgan884,

I would like to offer a suggestion to help uninstall the HP Officejet 5610 from your Windows 7 computer. I recently needed to remove some software from my computer and had issues as well, I was able to finally uninstall the software using Microsoft Fixit.

This application is free, compatable with your Operating System and very easy to use. Let me know if using the Microsoft Fixit allows you to remove the software.

Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
Message 3 of 3 (714 Views)

Jerends (?),

Thanks for the suggestion. It worked, to a point. I was able to remove some of the program, but not all of it. I'm about 60% farther along than I was before your suggestion so, thank you again for your help.

John

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation