Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

But there is one problem: When it got connected over wifi after being connected over the usb, the scan functionality is missin... 😞 I can only print now, no scan... 😞

HP Recommended

I am also having the same f***ing problem. Again. Months ago,I figured out a method in which first connect the printer (HP Deskjet 4515 e-AiO) through USB, then connect the printer through wifi, and it worked, but there was no scan function. Now that method isnt working at all!!! I have a Dell Inspiron 1440, & the printer was installed succesfully on my dell laptop. No problems at all (And that laptop is 5 years old). The laptop which is having the network installation problem is an HP laptop!!! (HP 630 - 2012 model) :HalfEyes:

I thought HP Laptop would work better with HP pinters, but the situation just the opposite!!!

And my HP 630 makes me so bu**s*** mad, when it goes to the f****ng thermal  shutdown mode (there are many threads regarding this thermal shutdown problem in HP 630). This laptop goes thermal shutdown when there are more than 10 tabs open in a web browser, or even when playing a simple game, or even when watching  a movie!!!! My other Dell inpiron 1440 laptop till date hasnt gone thermall shutdown, even if the CPU & RAM are at 100% use!!!

This laptop is really frustrating. :HalfEyes: :HalfEyes: :HalfEyes: :HalfEyes: :HalfEyes:

And it is a very poor response by the HP engineers in this forum. They dont know how to fix a simple programming problem!!! OMG LOLLLL!!!! What a poor customer support!!! :HalfEyes: :HalfEyes: :HalfEyes: 

The network connection problem is not because of the printer, because my dell inpiron 1440 is succesfully connected to my Deskjet 4515 E-AiO. Only this f***ing HP 630 b***s**t laptop is unable to connect with this nice printer. I love the printer. The scan, copy & print quality is very good. 

SO PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM ASAP!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!

HP Recommended
Remove every last instance of that printer on your craptop by first using Microsoft fix it to uninstall your printer ( just google Microsoft fix it, it's free). Then reboot and reinstall using the method you suggested earlier. I hope that fixes it for you. Let me know.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. But using that method, first itself (when the first time I posted that method on this forum), the Scan function was missing. That means, the printer wasnt installed succesfully. BTW I will give it a try now again... 

EDIT:

The ms fixit website shows that my OS (Win8.1) is not supported by fixit... :Crying:

So what do do now?

HP Recommended

BTW I smell a rat: Maybe printer installation over wifi isnt possible bcoz I am using a tp-link usb wifi dongle (not data card) for internet connection (my built-in qualcomm wifi card isnt working)? I dont use this dongle in my dell laptop (in which wifi connection to printer succeeded).

EDIT:

My old Qualcomm built-in wifi card somehow worked, but still the problem persists.

I also tried to connect to my printer through Wireless Direct feature (the printer acts like a wifi hotspot, and we can directly connect to it without the need of a router), but still the problem persists. I tried this method using bot the wifi adapters (built-in card & dongle).

HP Recommended
Sounds complicated. Any chance the printers still under warranty? Sorry for the delayed response. I just saw the message.

8.1....Try typing in the search screen for any instance of the name of your printer. It may be difficult to remove all instances of an HP printer from an HP computer because they share many common file names.

You may also get some free assistance if the computer is under warranty as well. I say that because help desk may be able to remote into the PC.

It's not impossible to fix just hard to translate in writing.

HP Recommended

Thnaks for the reply. My printer is under warranty. I had brought it in Oct 2014.

One more thing: It is the problem of the HP software, bcoz I tried to install my printer using the Devices & Printers in Control Panel, and it succesfully worked. But that only allows simple printing & scan. I want all the functionaling, like cleaning, ink level, hp cartridge rewards, etc.

HP Recommended
Cool. Then get ya some of that free LIVE phone support. 8.1 is so contrary and if I thought I could reply in real time I would but I can't promise since I travel a lot so you may still find it easier to just let someone remote into your PC and fix it for you

However I can do my best by suggesting you simply try installing the software by typing the IP address of your printer into a web browser. For example, print a status page to see its current IP. It'll be something like 192.168.1.10 and treat that number like a website as if you were going straight to google like http://www.google.com except instead of letters you just type those numbers.

There you will see the printer if it is setup correctly on the same WIFI that your computer is on. There you can navigate blindly until you see a place suggesting you install the printer's software. It's a long stretch but let me know if that works or not.

HP Recommended

The solution that worked for me:

1. Start - Run or Win+r  - type in "printmanagement.msc" or "printui /s /t2" and open the program
2. Scroll down to [Custom Filters] "All Drivers" or "Print Servers -> (Your Computer) -> Drivers"
3. Delete all Hp printer drivers from old (and current) installs.

You may have a different kind of box appear after running printui /s /t2 but basically it's just a case or removing the old driver. 

Print Management can also be found in Control Panel > Administrative tools > Print Management in Pro versions of Windows.

Retry the installation.

HP Recommended

You are an effing God. Thanks so much for posting this solution.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.