cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MDuby
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Upgraded to OS X Yosemite version 10.10 Printer not working

I just upgraded to version 10.10 and now my printer is not working at all.  I checked for HP software but it only goes up to 10.9.  Any suggestions on how to get my printer back on-line?

Thanks

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,328 17,221 899 2,529
Message 2 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @MDuby 

I understand you upgraded to 10.10, Yosemite, and now you can not use your scanner. Please complete the following steps and let me know the outcome of your efforts;

Reset Printing System

1. Click the Apple icon (   ), and then click System Preferences.
  2. In the Hardware section, click Print & Fax/Scan. The Print & Fax/Scan  dialog box opens.
  3. Right-click (or  Ctrl  +click) in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system…
  4. Click OK to confirm the reset.
  5. Type the correct Name and Password.
  6. Click OK to reset the printing system. The Print & Fax dialog box shows no printer selected
Note: This will remove all printers in the print and Fax/Scan, any printer removed can be re-added later by clicking the plus (+) symbol.

Repair Disk Permissions
  1. On the Dock, click Applications, and then click Utilities.
  2. Double-click Disk Utility.
  3. Highlight your hard drive/partition on the left (by default this is "Macintosh HD").
  4. Click the Repair Disk Permissions button at the bottom of the window.

Once the repair is complete, restart the computer and download and install the HP Printer Drivers for OS X.

Now when you add the printer, you should have the HP driver to choose. If for any reason your printer driver is not there, then select the AirPrint driver.

1. Select Add other Printer or Scanner                                                       
    2. Select the printer you are adding and next to 'Use' you can select the printer driver (or AirPrint)

Please let me know how this works out. If you require further assistance I will happily do all I can to help.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Tags (1)
JohnnyBMac
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This worked for me perfectly for my newer HP laser printer, LaserJet 200

However, it did not work for my older Hp LaserJet P1505n.  Meaning i did not see this printer on the network when i tried to add it yet, even though this printer is directely connected via Ethernet to the Time Capsule.

any thoughts on getting this p1505n printer to be visibile from the Printers & Scanners screen?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,328 17,221 899 2,529
Message 4 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @JohnnyBMac 

I am glad to hear we got one of the printers working. As for the p1505n, let's print a network configurations page.

Press the Go button when the device Ready light is on and no other jobs are printing. - Source: User Manual

Once this page has printed, please post back to let me know the IP address, and what happens when you enter the IP address into an internet Browser.

In the Address or Go to field, type the IP address that is assigned to the product (for example, http://192.168.1.1) - Source

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
budman2002
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I followed the directions but selecting the plus pign to add a printer yields no printer drivers to chose from

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,328 17,221 899 2,529
Message 6 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @budman2002 

Download and install the HP Printer Drivers for OS X.

Now when you add the printer, you should have the HP driver to choose. If for any reason your printer driver is not there, then select the AirPrint driver.

1. Select Add other Printer or Scanner                                                       
  2. Select the printer you are adding and next to 'Use' you can select the printer driver (or AirPrint)

If you still have difficulties, ensure your printer is supported in Yosemite; HP Printers Supported in OS X v10.10 Yosemite

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
JohnnyBMac
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI Sunshyn2005,

I wasn't sure where the "Go" button is but assume it's the green test page button which is a green paper icon with an arrow pointing down.   the self test/configurataion change had a IP address of 0.0.0.0.

when i go into my Finder Printer settings, i see the printer but it show "In Use".  last night i was mysterious able to print to this printer from my iPad, but this morning, i am unable to print since its in use.

are there additional drivers that i need to download to work with OSX Yosemite?  since upgrading to the new OS printing has been such a huge frustration!  thanks for you help.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,328 17,221 899 2,529
Message 8 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @JohnnyBMac 

Although I have some technical knowledge of the laserjet products, my area of expertise is primarily with the inkjet models. I don't want you to feel like I have given up because I haven't. I have instead reached out to a colleague who I think may be able to help. @Gemini02  has more experience with the laserjets models and is willing to work with you to the best of her ability.

Thanks for your patience, and fingers crossed. 🙂

Thanks to Gemini02 in advanced too for your willingness to help.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,039 2,621
Message 9 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi JohnnyBMac,

@Sunshyn2005, had asked me if I could take a look at this post, to see if we could help to get the Laserjet P1505n working over the wired network. I would really like to be able to help you resolve this issue.

Thanks for providing that information.

Check the connection on the back of the printer, to see if there is a light on the end of the Ethernet cable.

Since the printer doesn't show a IPv4 address, the router isn't assigning it to the printer.

Try connecting the printer to another port on the Time Capsule or another Ethernet cable.

You might have to power cycle the router.

Then print the configuration page again to find out if you have a valid IP address.

If you have a valid IP address for the printer then try and access the Embedded Web Server for the printer.
Type the IP address into your web browser's address bar. (Safari)

Let me know if it loads.

Then click on the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences.
Click Printers & Scanners, then click the + sign.

Select the printer from the list. (make sure the printer listed beside use: shows proper the printer name) Click on the add button. (you might have to click on the dropdown to select your printer)

Test the printer.

Please let me know how you make out.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
budman2002
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick reply. The problem was with placing the printer on the other end of a usb hub. Connecting directly to iMac quickly resolved the problem. This issue is closed.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation