Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
GPN Student
Student
Message 1 of 37 (29,438 Views)
Accepted Solution

Using Windows 7 with a Photosmart C5280

I just purchased a HP Pavilon Elite running Windows 7. I also have an existing HP Photosmart C5280. The install disc for the printer will not run because it does not regonize Windows 7. How can I correct this?
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Using Windows 7 with a Photosmart C5280

GPN wrote:
I just purchased a HP Pavilon Elite running Windows 7. I also have an existing HP Photosmart C5280. The install disc for the printer will not run because it does not regonize Windows 7. How can I correct this?

Download and install the driver from HP's website here.

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 37 (29,427 Views)

GPN wrote:

Download and install the driver from HP's website here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
Message 3 of 37 (27,785 Views)

I just purchased a Gateway that is running Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) and I'm trying to get all the features on my old printer to work (HP Photosmart C5280). I downloaded the new driver, the 2 updates that are posted, and the patch download. These were the names of the downloads available from the HP website.

dot4patch_reboot

hpphoto

HPSDU

PS_AIO_02_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_130_140

The downloads were successful, but I can't get my images to transfer from a memory card. I was having problems with the scanner, but I think that last download may have fixed that. Does anyone have any ideas??? Please help!

Thanks

Student
Message 4 of 37 (27,155 Views)

Scanner Drivers failed to install using windows 7. photosmart C5280 all-in-one

PhD Student
Message 5 of 37 (23,420 Views)

Here is a video on how to download drivers for Windows 7

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
Honor Student
Message 6 of 37 (23,395 Views)

Student
Message 7 of 37 (21,282 Views)

And where to find a basic driver for Win7 64, please ? thank you

Honor Student
Message 8 of 37 (21,226 Views)

I have a Photosmart C5280 printer that I like very much.  However I'm upgrading to Windows 7, will I still be able to use this printer or can I upgrade this printer too?  I f so, how would I do this?

Provost
Message 9 of 37 (21,210 Views)

Trevelyancottag wrote:

I have a Photosmart C5280 printer that I like very much.  However I'm upgrading to Windows 7, will I still be able to use this printer or can I upgrade this printer too?  I f so, how would I do this?

There ae full featured drivers and some updates available for download from HP here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
Message 10 of 37 (21,202 Views)

I have upgraded to windows7 and find my C5280 all works Except for the print to disc function - very frustrating when this function is why we purchase the C5280.  So far I am unable to find a solution.  The closest I came to one is within these forums where it was suggested not to use the HP program or the Roxio express labeler, but to use a windows photo program.  But even that would not print the image centered - so much so that the contributer said it was therefore not really any point in printing to disc.

I am waiting for the simple solution of HP providing a driver update for windows7 users and can't understand why it is not sorted already. . .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation