Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 1 (810 Views)

VPN / RDC HP Photosmart 7960 printer

Hello!

Can some-one please help with a VPN / RDC / Printing issue i have.

PC at Home has a 'HP Photosmart 7960' installed locally via USB using port name 'USB001' Description: "Virtual Printer Port for USB"

I want to be able to RDC to my work PC and be able to print a document off my work PC to my printer at home ('HP Photosmart 7960' )

I have doenloaded the drivers off the HP website labelled "hp_53_enu.exe"  - 21.52MB"

I installed these drivers on work PC - (there was a screen in the installation to say tick this box if printer isnt connected - so ticked that to finish the installation)

I went to try and print a document and my printer was not in the list. So i then thought ok its not installed properly maybe? i then went to the temp folder where the drivers are extracted to and tried to add the printer through "add a printer" selecting have disk and using the inf files that way. When i selected the inf file i think it should be using (there was several) no manufactuerer / model appeared in the list?? why would that be?

I tried each INF file and each one didnt show a make / model in the list.

I have now given up after spending a few hours and could do with someones help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation